Cashless Treatment Scheme Haryana – Especially for Government Employees and Pensioner
The state government of Haryana has announced the launch of the new health benefit scheme termed as “Cashless Treatment Scheme Haryana”. The scheme has been launched by the government with an aim to offer with free medical assistance to the pensioner and employees working in government sectors.
The new scheme was officially announced by the Chief Minister of Haryana state Manohar Lal Khattar. The scheme was approved in a cabinet meeting to be launched and implemented for benefit to pensioners and employees of government sector within the state from 30th Nov 2017 onwards. For effective implement of the scheme within the entire state, free medical services will be offered by the state government.
Key Features of the scheme
- Aim – The main aim of the scheme is to primarily focus on offering assistance to the beneficiaries such that they can be provided with free medical treatments for their conditions in different state owned hospitals and medical centers.
- Beneficiary – According to statements, the state government has launched the new scheme to offer benefit to pensioners and other people who are working the state government sectors. The scheme will not be beneficial for people or employees in the private sector groups. The government has also stated that the benefit of the scheme will not be provided to the spouse or any other dependent of the beneficiary.
- Benefit – Once the scheme has been launched then the beneficiary will be able to claim for free medical assistance for up to Rs 5 lakh in state hospitals or centers. The government will also ensure that the beneficiary is able to collect information related to list of disease via official website.
- Health Cards– To help the smooth implementation of the scheme and to avoid fraudulent, the state government will also issue Identification cards to each eligible candidate. The beneficiary will only be able to take benefit of the scheme if he or she shall be providing with their ID cards at the time of treatment. Besides, the ID cards will also be linked with the beneficiaries Aadhar card to avoid frauds. At the time of treatment the beneficiary will have to provide with proof of PPO (pension Payment Order).
- Selected centers – According to the state government, the health scheme will be valid in all state owned government health centers, Hospitals, Private empaneled hospitals, District Hospitals, etc. Besides it will also valid for any other hospital that is registered under the government category for health services.
- Assistance – The state government will be offering with a maximum assistance of Rs 5 lakh for availing treatment. Any other excess treatment amount will not be provided by the government. The pensioner or the employee under going the treatment will have to provide with excess medical expense amount.
Diseases Under the scheme
The state government has announced the coverage of various diseases and conditions that shall be covered under this health scheme. Some of the conditions covered under this scheme include Emergency at the time of Cardiac arrest, accidental injuries, for patients in Coma, treatment for patients burnt on account of Electrocution, patients suffering from 3rd or 4th stage Cancer and patients suffering from Brain Hemorrhage. A complete list can be collected by anyone from the official website.
With the launch of the new scheme the state government aims at improving the health conditions of pensioner and employees. This will help in offering assistance to pensioner and government employees who are not able to avail treatments on account of increasing medical expenses.