Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Jharkhand
Right after the government had rolled out the Awas Yojana for the people, it had seen a rush of applicants. The Awas Yojana Gramin is for people who live in poverty in the rural areas. The Awas Yojana in general is a housing scheme launched by the Prime Minister to provide people with basic housing.
To help this scheme reach the right people, the Union Government has selected 36 Panchayats in Latehar district of Jharkhand.
What benefit will these Panchayats get?
- The selected Panchayats will get funding to build houses under the PM Awas Yojana. They will be provided loans at subsidized rates to make pucca houses.
- The Panchayats will receive special aid from the government which will help them obtain money in their accounts for this purpose. The main target is the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Groups (LIGs) under this scheme.
- These sections of the places covered will get houses at affordable rates. If they obtain the subsidized loans provided by the government, they will get to build pucca house.
What is the government planning to do?
The government has planned to carry out this scheme step by step so as to ensure this is implemented positively. This is why they are working in the following pattern –
- They have already selected 4041 cities and villages from all around the country to provide this benefit. All of these 4041 cities and counting will see new houses be built under this scheme.
- After cities, it is the Panchayats that have grabbed the attention of the government. Hence, they have selected Panchayats throughout the country. Latehar is one of the districts under which 36 Panchayats have been selected for this purpose.
- All of these Panchayats and cities will receive housing at a subsidized interest rate of 6.5%. This rate of interest is lower than the usual one that is provided by the banks in India in general.
- To take the benefit of this subsidized rate of interest, the applicants should have an annual income below 6 lakh rupees. Thereby the government will sanction a loan which amounts to Rs. 6 lakh at 6.5% interest rate.
- By taking this step the government wants to ensure that the poverty ridden population of the country is provided with housing. They have declar3d that by the year 2022 all of this construction shall be completed.
Once the housing is started to be constructed, the people will have to take pictures and upload it on the website (related to Awas Yojana). Upon such verification the funds shall be issued in parts to the beneficiaries. This is a step taken by the government to ensure transparency in the process.
- Awas Yojana Patna
- Awas Yojana Solapur
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Credit Card Scheme for Students in Bihar