Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme Telangana – Financial Assistance to SC/ST Bride
The Telangana state govt. has introduced a new scheme named Kalyana Lakshmi to provide financial assistance to the families of those state people who are marrying off their daughters and belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe community. A sum of Rs. 51 thousand will be given under this scheme which will be a one-time economic help by the state govt. to the family of the bride. This financial scheme for the SC/ST communities will be very beneficial as a large section of Telangana state people who belong to SC/ST communities are financial weaker also. And making arrangements for social marriage of daughter is quite expensive and sometimes very difficult for these socially backward people. So the Kalyana Lakshmi plan will certainly ease off the financial burden of marrying the daughters to quite some extent, for those backward communities.
Some important details related to the scheme
The scheme has been launched to provide financial aid to the SC/ST families marrying their daughters. This scheme was launched on 2nd Oct, 2014. Each eligible bride will receive Rs. 51,000 from the Telangana Govt. at the time of marriage. The govt. has disbursed Rs. 340 crore till now under this project. However, to make sure the entire project free from frauds, few strict measures are also taken. The govt. has also made it mandatory and the beneficiary need to provide Aadhar card details of both the bride and the groom. Aadhar card stores all details of a person along with biometric details. Primarily, the money will be transferred only in the bank account of the bride’s mother.
Eligibility criteria of Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme
The Telangana govt. has set some basic guidelines regarding the eligibility conditions for joining the scheme and getting financial assistance for marriage of daughters. The first and foremost condition is that the girl getting married must belong to a SC or ST family. There is no provision for benefits of the OBC citizens. The bride should have permanent domicile certificate of the state of Telangana. The lower age limit of getting this financial assistance is 18 years, whereas no such upper age limit is mentioned in the scheme guidelines. The state govt. has also decided to provide this facility only for those SC/ST families which have total annual income of less than Rs. 2 lakh.
The eligible beneficiaries can apply for the scheme either by online as well as through offline mode. The Telangana govt. has run an online portal for online registration to the scheme which is: http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanLakshmi.do. One can also do offline registration by filling up the scheme form available in panchayat or block office. Below are the steps to make online registrations for the Kalyana Lakshmi:
- Visit the link: http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanLakshmi.do to fill up online form.
- Enter the details of the bride in the Bride particulars form, such as name, DOB, father’s name, address, Aadhar card no., phone number, caste and sub-caste specifications, mother’s name, educational qualifications, etc.
- Enter the details of the family income in the next section.
- Enter the details of the valid certificate of being Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- Fill up the present and permanent address details of the bride.
- Provide the details of the bank account of the bride which may be used for receiving the sum allotted by the govt. However, this is just an optional field.
- Enter the account details of bride’s mother like account name, account no., name of bank, etc, which are mandatory for receiving the financial aid under this scheme.
- Submit the details and particulars of the groom with which the bride is getting married.
- Enter the details of the marriage such as place or venue of marriage along with the marriage date.
- Scanned copies of all the documents required under the scheme are to be uploaded. The scanned copies of documents should be in JPEG format and the size limit of each such upload is 50 – 150 kb. A total of eight mandatory documents are to be uploaded one by one.
- The alpha-numeric image shown at the bottom must be entered exactly in the last box provided and click on ‘Submit’.
- After registration process is over, take a print out of the filled application form.
- One can also check the application status through the website after registration process is over.
Below is the list of mandatory documents needed for the registration of Kalyana Lakshmi:
- SC / ST certificate, issued by competent issuing authority.
- Confirmation certificate of marriage, which might be the marriage registration certificate or the copy of wedding reception/invitation card.
- Approval certificate provided by panchayat or civic authority or VRO.
- Age proof.
- Aadhar card of bride.
- Aadhar card of the bride groom.
- Scanned copy of the first page of pass book of the bride’s mother’s bank account which is mandatory. The document must contain photo of the account holder.
- Bank passbook copy of the bride.
- Recent photograph of the bride.
- Income certificate of the family which is issued within 6 months of marriage date.