Madhya Pradesh Government’s initiative to Help Rural Youth for Set up Food Processing Units
After the success of its last scheme to help the farmers, the Madhya Pradesh government is all set to come up with a new scheme to help the youth of the state. Under this scheme the youth can set up small mills to process food grains such as rice, millets, etc. It is an ambitious scheme to encourage employment generation.
This scheme is yet to launch. It has been announced already. The scheme shall be supervised directly by the state government of Madhya Pradesh. The amount of financial assistance that this scheme shall get is yet to be decided upon. Once that is done, the final dates will be released.
New Scheme features
- Objectives: The idea of this scheme is to make sure that the rural unemployed youth will set up centers across their village and rent out machinery so that both the farmers and they themselves can earn decent profits for their produce.
- Scheme target: The target is to set up 500 food processing units across the state. The government plans to spread far and wide within the next three years.
- Production: The scheme will enable the youth to set up small scale processing units which for which they will be able to embark on entrepreneurship.
- Crops to be added: The scheme will allow you to manufacture garlic paste, tomato puree, soya milk, onion, and such other produce. It will also help set up miss to dehydrate onions and garlic, besides, rice pulses, and such other crops.
- Subsidy rate: For doing the above mentioned production, you shall receive 40% subsidy. This means the government will help you get 40% financial assistance of the total cost of your manufacturing unit. The rest of the 60% shall be provided as loans via banks.
- Age: You have to be at least 18 years or older to be able to go ahead with this scheme. Anyone below 18 years of age is not eligible to obtain benefits for this scheme.
- Educational: Education-wise you have to at least have cleared your higher secondary board exams. If you have passed in 12th board exams, you can apply for this scheme.
- Cost of production unit: The cost of setting up your unit should not exceed Rs. 25 lakh. The government shall provide a grant of up to Rs. 25 lakh per unit.
This scheme comes at a time when the farmers of the state are in a distress. This scheme comes right after the scheme wherein the state farmers shall receive minimum support prices (MSP). Indeed, with this scheme, a lot more unemployed youth will be able to earn their living.
Other Schemes –
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana in hindi
- Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojna Details in hindi
- Pradhan mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (Food Processing Scheme)
- Food grain distribution of Kerala is helping people to have healthy food
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana