Miss World 2017 From India Manushi Chhillar (Age, Caste, Weight, Boyfriend, Films)
After 17 long years again India got crowned in Miss World Beauty Pageant. Manushi Chhillar, a 20 years old girl from Haryana has won the title on 18th November 2017. This Haryana born girl is the 6th Indian beauty to take the crown in the country. After ace Bollywood-Hollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, Manushi won the crown again after 17 years.
Manushi Chhillar Details
|Full Name||Manushi Chillar|
|Date of birth||14th May 1997|
|Height||5ft 8 inch|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Sibling||1 brother, 1 sister|
- Born & Schooling: Manushi was born and brought up in Haryana, India. The 20 years old daughter to doctor parents was born on 14th May 1997 in the state of Haryana. After that she has done her schooling from Saint Thomas School in Delhi.
- Parents: Manushi Chhillar has born to a doctor due from Haryana. Dr. Mitra basu Chhillar, her father, is researching in Defence Research and Development Organisation as a scientist. On the other Dr. Neelam Chhillar, her mother, is serving as Head of the Department of Neurochemistry in the institute namely Institute of the Human Behaviour and Alien Science.
- College & other: Chhillar was continuing her MBBS course in Bhagat Pool Singh Government Medical College for Women located in Sonepat. She alongside was also studied in the National School of Drama. She is also a trained Indian classical (Kuchipudi) dancer.
Modelling & Beauty Pageants
According to the official Miss World Website, Manushi has dreamt of being part of modelling and glamour industry since childhood. She did take part in many beauty pageants as well. In 2017 she has taken part in Miss India competition and won the title Miss India World 2017 on June 25th. She also won the best photogenic face in the year 2017 as a participant in Miss India competition.
Miss World 2017
In this year, the Miss World competition took place in Sanya in China. Along with Manushi, there were 4 more prominent countries selected as the top 5. England, Mexico, France and Kenya are the rest 4 countries that are standing in the top 5 queue on Saturday 18th June 2017.
Before Manushi, Priyanka Chopra won the crown back in 2000. Manushi took everyone’s heart when she brilliantly answered to the judges’ questions. According to this young girl the job that deserves the highest salary is the jobs mothers do every day. They not only should get paid highest but also should be respected and loved by all. This answer was enough to know how amazing person Manushi is.
The crown was handed over to Miss World 2017 by the former Miss World (2016) Stephanie Del Valle from Puerto Rico. The journey of India getting crowned in Miss World pageants had started in 1966 when Reita Faria won the title. Then in 1994 Aishwarya Rai Bachchan won the title. Manushi is the 6th one in a row after Diana Hayden, Yukta Mukhi and Priyanka Chopra.
Beauty with Purpose Competition 2017
This year Manushi took part in the Beauty with Purpose competition under Miss World 2017 pageant. She co-won the competition as well. Project Shakti, the hygiene awareness campaign for the ladies during menstruation, was the campaign for Manushi.
During the program she, being a medical student, visited 20 remote villages where she has treated nearly 5000 women with menstrual problems. She won the competition with another contestant.
Facts about Manushi Chhillar
- Manushi has interest in diverse activities. Apart from Indian Classical dance, she is extremely fond of outdoor sports such as sky diving, water sports and so on.
- Along with being a dancer, Manushi is also interested in painting and acting. She did courses from National Drama School as well. Chhillar had participated in a cultural program held in Japan. She represented India in that program.
- Her mother inspires her the most. She wants everyone to respect and love their mothers as they sacrifice many things for their children.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Hugh Jackman is the most favourite actor in Manushi’s life. She also like Aamir Khan Starrer movie Dangal which is her favourite film too.