Awas Yojana Faridabad
The much awaited PM Awas Yojana has picked up speed. It has already selected cities and areas to work on and now it is receiving applications from all around. Recently it has opened up its registrations for Faridabad residents.
Details of new registration
- Recently the registrations for New Janta Colony, Faridabad have registered for this scheme. All the registrations were made in the presence of Ravi Kashyap, a member of the Red Cross society.
- According to reports given by those who were present at this event, around 50 women had registered for the benefits of this scheme. This was held on 6th December 2016.
- All the women who registered were devoid of a house of their own. They and others who were interested, had to provide their Aadhar card details in order to get registered.
- As per the reports, this new scheme was shown huge appreciation by women. The local women of New Janta Colony said that poor people get greatly benefitted by such schemes.
What will the registrants get?
- Those who have registered will be eligible to get up to Rs. 6 lakh for the construction of their houses under this scheme. They will also get affordable loans from the banks to build houses.
- They will get 6.5% interest rate on their loans. This means that the loan interest rates will be subsidized so that the poverty ridden can pay off the loans easily.
- 35% of the housing units will be reserved for those who belong to the economically weaker sections of the society. Along with this an amount of Rs. 1.5 lakh would go to each and every beneficiary to promote housing stocks.
- Along with this, those who are residents of the urban areas of those who already have houses in the urban areas shall be given Rs. 1.5 lakh. This amount will be given for renovation or house construction purposes.
- Under this loan, the government will also provide funds to construct toilets in the home. For any type of home building or home reconstruction, this loan will be provided.
- The maximum tenure to get the loan subsidy is 15 years. You can also obtain this type of loan at ICICI bank at the subsidized rate of interest.
Not just Faridabad
Faridabad has carried out the process and is on the verge of getting their dues to construct their house. But they are not the only ones that are getting the benefit. The government has shortlisted 4041 cities for this project. Under this there are many urban areas. Also, rural areas are being targeted to give this benefit.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Punjab
- PM Awas Yojana Mizoram
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Aam Admi Bima Yojana Kerala