Free Bus Ride Scheme In UP for BPL Families Travel Fare With Smart Card
The local government of Uttar Pradesh has announced to offer a new scheme within the state. Under the new scheme it aims at providing with free of cost bus ride facility to the people belonging to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) people. Apart from this the state government realizing that BPL people may or may not be having access to internet services, so the government plans to issue BPL people with Smart card facilities for taking benefit of the ride. Under the new scheme the people will request for bus ride using the cards, without actually booking the tickets.
As per the state government the offer of the scheme will only be offered for the people belonging to the BPL groups within the state. Apart from this the government also aims that under the new scheme over 1 crore BPL people including family members will be benefited. The facility can only be used by the beneficiaries in state owned transports (Government buses).
- Apart from offering the BPL families with free of cost ride, in the state limits, the government has also recommended that it shall be offering people with insurance coverage equivalent to Rs 10 lakh. The insurance will be offered on per house hold coverage basis in case of accident.
- If the victim of the accident dies at the time of accident then his family member will be offered with an amount of Rs 5 lakh by the state government.
- As per the statements made the UP transport department will be responsible for implementation and supervision of the scheme state wide amongst the BPL people.
- The state government has already made it clear that the benefit of the new scheme will be available for the citizens of the state belonging to BPL class. It is also agreed that the government aims at implementing the scheme for benefiting people before election season in 2019.
- As for the new implementation the state government has also stated that an overall expense of Rs 2990 for each BPL family will be needed by the transport department with an overall budget of Rs 3000 crore on yearly basis.
- The government also expects that with the above mentioned implementation it is expected that over 10 million BPL families would benefit under the scheme.
- As per the state government statements the Panchyat Raj, Agricultural department, health department and other government department would be bearing the overall cost for the implementation of the scheme.
With the above mentioned scheme the government aims at offering with convenience of travelling to the citizens of the state belonging to the BPL family groups.
- Free Education Scheme Till Class 12th in Uttar Pradesh
- Tarpaulins Sheets Subsidy Scheme In Telangana
- Uttar Pradesh B.Ed 2018 Entrance Exam Date And Application form
- Uttar Pradesh Mahamana Gau Gram Scheme