Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam
Congress party is all set to bag the chair again in 2017 election. The party president Rahul Gandhi was on Kisan tour in the past where he has taken some major decisions to assure his win in next assembly election. The party seems to go any extent to make the farmers and their respective families comfortable before the election.
During the Kisan Yatra the party has announced about the waiving off of the debt that farmers had. Many a farmers in last few months committed suicide for the heavy debt they were carrying out. Now the congress party has stated that if the party will be back in the ruling chair then all the debts of the widows will be waived off by the government. The widows of the farmers who have died will now be free from any sort of Karza (debt) only if the congress party comes to the ruling seat in next election.
Kisan Bus Yatra
- On 17th October 2016, the Captain Amarindar Singh, Chandigarh has arranged a Bus Yatra (Bus Journey Campaign) along with the widows of the late farmers. The Bus Yatra took place for long 3 days and it covered 500 km.
- The bus yatra started by Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president and it was started from Congress Bhawan on the mentioned date.
- There are a number of widows of the late farmers who were specially invited by the committee to join them in their campaign. They were being invited to the campaign to let them know that they can be free from the recurring debt they are carrying.
- During this road show the message has been spread over the state that if the party will come to power they will waive off the debt completely. The tag line says, Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di poori rakam which means now the debt is over and you will get total price of the crops now.
- During the road show Amarindar Singh met thousands of farmers across the state to make them believe that their never-ending problems can be solved if the party will come in power.
The main objective of this decision, according to the sources, is to boost up the life of the farmers and especially the families of those farmers who have committed suicide for this heavy debt on them. With this decision the Congress party wants to ensure that from now onwards the wives of the farmers will get the entire amount what they are earning from their farming.
On the other by doing so the Congress government can secure a large number of votes for the next election that will take place in 2017.
Message from Rahul Gandhi
After finishing the Kisan Yatra, Rahul Gandhi during the Road show by Amaridar Singh, has released an audio clip for the farmers of the state of Punjab. In that audio clip, there was a message by the president of Congress party. According to the message if the party will come to the power in next election, then the debt levied on each widow of deceased farmer will be washed off.
Rahul also mentioned how the position standard of the farmers was much better at the time of Congress government. He also said that he had already waived off Rs. 70, 000 Cr debts of farmers in past years when the congress government was on power. If they will again come to the ruling position, they will immediately take the initiative to get rid of the debts widows have.
The message of Rahul Gandhi was recorded and each farmer can listen to them by giving a missed call to a mentioned number. Not all the farmers but those who will sign the Maang Patra can give a missed call and listen to the message on their phone.
After the message gets over, there is a jingle added to the message where a song will be played. The wordings of the song say the same as the tag line ‘karza kurki khatam, fasal di poori rakam.’
Kisan Maang Patra
During Kisan Yatra Campaign, Rahul Gandhi has released the farmers’ form namely Maang Patra. This is a pamphlet that consists of some empty spaces. The spaces should be filled by the farmers. The maang patra is a document with which farmers can apply to waive off their debts by the government.
Those who will sign the maang patra will be considered as one of them who will be freed from the debts. Before Maang Patra the Congress government raised the minimum support price as well to subsidize the farmers of the nation. They aimed to collect 5 Lac forms.
Mainly the decision has been made for the widows who are left with family, kids and huge portion of debts by the deceased farmers. Also the party declared that other farmers who will sign the maang patra can get benefitted from the decision.
Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal Di Poori Rakam – Points to be noted
|KKKFDPR||This is just a decision taken by the congress party. It is not any kind of scheme|
|Launched||17th October 2016|
|Launched by||Congress party|
|Launched in||Punjab, India|
|Beneficiaries||Wives of deceased farmers who have heavy burden of debt|
|Implementation||After the 2017-election results (only if the congress party comes to power)|
- New Udyog Niti in Bihar 2016
- UP Vidhan Sabha Chunav 2017 Dates
- Awas Yojana Application Form
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana