Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana in Punjab
In the latest announcements made, the Punjab State government has decided to implement the new scheme termed as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana. According to this new scheme, the state government has announced that it shall be offering with financial assistance to each of the expected mothers within the state.
According to the sources, the new implementation will be made by the state government starting from 1st Jan 2017 onwards for the benefit of the mother and her baby under this scheme.
- The state government has stated that the new scheme will offer benefit to the expected mother such that it shall help cover expenses right from the day of the conception of the baby till the day when the baby is born.
- The benefit will be provided to the expected mother in the form of financial assistance which will be offered in three different stages to the mother.
- The state government will also be distributing the grant to the expected mothers directly and so there are no income restrictions or any other restrictions imposed by the government for the beneficiaries.
- The state government has also stated that the benefit shall be offered to each of the mother who had delivered her baby after 1st Jan 2017 till current date.
Installments under the scheme
According to the statements made by the state government, the beneficiary mother will be able to collect the incentive amount in there distinct installments.
- 1st Installment will be paid to the beneficiary mother the very day she confirms of her conception of the baby. The state government will pay her a sum of Rs 1000 as 1st
- 2nd Installment will be paid to the beneficiary the moment she has completed her first six months of pregnancy. The state government will pay her an amount of Rs 2000 as the pay towards second installment.
- 3rd Installment will be paid by the state government to the beneficiary at the time of her delivery and right after she has bought her baby for the first vaccination. The state government will be offering her with Rs 2000 as the payment made for third installment.
Process of Registration (How to apply)
- According to the state government officials, any women who are the resident of Punjab state irrespective of her caste or class in the society is eligible for registering under the scheme.
- To get registered under this scheme the eligible candidate will have to visit the nearby Aanganwadi center or kendras. They will have to get registered at the time they feel they are expecting.
Under the new scheme the state government has already made its motive of providing health care benefit and nutritional benefit to the expected mother and her baby.
Other Schemes –
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana in Jammu And Kashmir
- New Mobile Air Ambulance Dispensary services in North East
- Ashirwad Scheme in Punjab
- Punjab Vidhan Sabha Election