Awas Yojana Raipur
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a scheme designed for those who belong to poor sections. The number of houses being built under this scheme, directly points out the number of poverty ridden people who do not have their own houses.
Now even though the metros and suburban areas have poor people, there are many tier II cities in the country that need houses to be built. Raipur is one of those places. Hence, recently the government announced that 1984 homes will be built in the Boriyakhurd district of Raipur.
Details of the scheme
- This scheme will start taking applications in Raipur from 13th to 31st December 2016 onwards. In other cities and districts the application process has already started.
- The construction of all of these 1984 houses will take 2.5 years to complete. Within this time the people who have been selected as beneficiaries will be provided little amounts in installments.
- The carpet area of the Boriyakhurd housing scheme is said to be 519 square feet. This means that all the 2BHK flats that will be given to the underprivileged will have this area.
- The ones that are being targeted in this region are the people from the Low Income Groups. Those who belong to the LIGs are being given 519 square feet limit for housing.
- The built up area for each flat under this scheme here will be 591.34 square feet while the super built up area will be 836.14 square feet.
- 7.86 lakh is the estimated cost of a flat for this scheme. The government is providing some funds and also they are providing subsidized loans from the banks. The loans can be obtained at 6.5% interest only.
What are the benefits of the houses?
Apart from having a pucca house over your head, the people who will get the homes will have the following benefits –
- 24 hours water supply: Indeed, the flats will have 24 hours water supply available there. They will not need to go anywhere else. There will be taps and reservoirs in the complexes.
- Drainage and water harvesting system: The drainage system will be well planned so as to ensure that the residents are able to get the best. The water harvesting system will also be maintained so that water supply remains intact 24/7.
- 31 blocks: The houses will be constructed in 31 blocks and all the houses will have electric supply – which was not available till date in many parts of the country.
- Escalators and lifts: Have an elderly at home? No problem. The houses will come with escalators and elevators to reach the top most floors.