Rythu Bheema Scheme Pathakam (Bima, Bhima) in Telangana Eligibility Criteria Application Form Procedure Free Insurance Farmers 2018-2019
Majority states in India are dependent on farming or crop cultivation. It is labour accelerated and one can find a large percentage of people related to this trade. In Telangana the total number of farmers is around 75 lakhs. Not necessarily all farmers are prosperous. The state has decided to look after the poor farmers. By launching Rythu Bheema scheme, Telangana state authority will be giving life insurance policy to commercially poor farmers.
|Name||Rythu Bheema Pathakam|
|Announced on||15th May 2018|
|Launch date||2nd June 2018|
|Declared by||KCR (CM of Telangana)|
|Occasion||4th anniversary of Telangana state creation|
|Motive||Free insurance scheme to farmer’s family|
Highlights of the project:
- Advancement of agricultural labours: Telangana state wishes to garner more revenue from agriculture. This is not possible until it provides desired support to the families of farmers. Telangana CM make this possible.
- Insurance policy scheme: this scheme enables the state to lend a helping hand to eligible agriculturists and provide them with appropriate life coverage insurance policy. To make it easy Telangana authority will join hands with LIC.
- Small and marginal farmers (Beneficiary): according to the Telangana government, one has to come under the category of either marginal or small farmers to be benefitted from this scheme.
- Coverage sum of the policy: if an insured farmer passes away, the state will provide Rs 5 lakh to the deceased farmer’s family as compensation.
- Assistance to farmers’ families: if the main earning member dies, the family is left helpless without any financial support. Under this scheme the family of the deceased insured farmer will be offered money by the state.
- Approximated number of beneficiaries: according to land records, 58 lakhs farmers own and practice cultivation on their self-possessed land. According to the rules all these farmers will be put under this project.
- Premium reimbursement by Telangana management: an insurance policy that gives 5 lakhs as coverage amount will cost anywhere between Rs 4000 to Rs 6000 as premium. It will be too much for the poor farmers. As this scheme aims at providing aid to farmers so the premium part will be taken care of by the Telangana government. These premiums are payable yearly.
- Rythu Bandhu project’s expansion: Rythu Bheema and Rythu Bandhu are extensions of each other. If a farmer is eligible to gain benefits under Rythu Bandhu Scheme, he will naturally get Rythu Bheema policy.
Qualifications for the policy (Eligibility Criteria) :
- Resident of Telangana: only those farmers who possess a valid Aadhar or Voter id card of Telangana state are eligible to avail the benefits of this policy.
- Only for farmers: only those who are into the field of agriculture and growing crops are eligible for the benefits of this scheme/policy.
- Not for rental farmers: this scheme does not include rental farmers under it. Only those farmers who possess their own land are qualified to get benefits under the scheme.
- Not for rich farmers: this scheme aims at providing assistance to the poor farmers and thus farmers who are rich and prosperous cannot apply for this scheme.
Application procedure for the scheme:
- The application procedure is not yet declared by the agriculture department.
- Most of the farmers are not avid computer users. So offline mode to fill in the application form will most likely exist.
- To fasten the application procedure, the state may acknowledge online applications also.
- All quintessence of application process will be published in a short while.
Financial allotment for the project:
As Telangana is an agriculture oriented state, it is palpable that lakhs will be associated with the farming occupation. Safeguarding life insurance policy for all the farmers is not a scrimpy task. For this purpose the CM of Telangana should make proper financial arrangements. The state will put in a fund of Rs 500 crore per year. It will help in giving insurance policy under Rythu Bheema Yojana.
The scheme has delivered relaxation to poor farmers and their families. They can now relax and stop worrying about the financial help if the farmer passes away all of a sudden. The insurance money will help them for a while until they are able to stand up on their feet again.
Other Articles –
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Scholarship Program Scheme
- Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) SABLA in Haryana
- Telangana Health Profile Scheme
- Dharani Farmers Passbook Scheme Telangana