Steel House Scheme Under Awas Yojana in Rs 2 lakhs only
The Indian dream is having a roof over your head and earning three meals per day. But sadly many poor people are unable to fulfill this dream. In the skyrocketing costs of houses, many people remain unsheltered. To curb this issue the central government has come up with a plan to provide tin houses to the people under the Steel Houses Scheme.
Things to know
- The Steel Houses Scheme comes under the Awas Yojana. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the government had promised that everyone will have roof over their heads by the year 2019.
- Right now the steel houses have yet to be dispersed. It is still under the notification category. It will start to disperse officially after the government notification is distributed. In the notification further details of eligibility shall be provided.
- Under this scheme you will be given steel houses for Rs. 2 lakh only. These homes will obviously be provided at a subsidized rate and you can get readymade homes at this cheap price.
How will they look like?
Now when you say steel houses, everyone is bound to raise their eyebrows. What will the houses look like? What kind of structures can you expect from them? To answer this question we took a deeper look at it and found out that you can expect these two things for sure –
- Sloping roof: Expect to have a sloping rood surface. The roof will also consist of a heat insulation layer. Do you remember the yesteryears tiled roofs? That is the same design – only this time it will be more technologically advanced. Below, there will also be a light steel structure system. It also comes with a waterproof material. All leading companies have been asked to construct the steel houses in this full proof manner.
- Floor construction: The floor will also have heat insulation layer. So you can understand that even though it is a steel house, it will come with good protection and facilities to ensure a comfortable stay. On top of the insulation layer there will be an OSB layer, above which you will have the decorative layer to give it a premium finish. At the bottom layer there will be web steel structure to support the flooring.
- Wall Construction: The interior wall panel will have a steel structure. There is an OSB panel and the outer structure also comes with a heat and insulation material. On top of this layer, there is a decorative material which is again covered by an insulation layer. Together all of these layers make it possible to have a thick wall construction.
Additional features of the houses
- Fast construction possible: first of all these houses can be constructed faster than brick and mortar houses. This is a very big advantage. If you know you are paying low sum, you know that these houses also come in a faster time frame.
- Low cost: One of the major advantages of this type of house is that steel houses are cheaper than normal brick houses. This is why you can get them at a lower cost but with the subsidized government rates, you can get them at an even cheaper rate.
- Fire protection: Steel houses do not catch fire easily. This is one of the best advantages of these houses. Therefore you have an inherent benefit from getting these steel houses.
- Great tensile strength: Another thing is that steel comes with a high strength to weight ratio. This means that the construction material will not be weak at all – in fact it will be stronger than even the strongest homes. This ensures that your home will be safe and strong in the long run.
How to apply for this scheme?
At present the link to apply for this scheme has not been revealed yet but it is for sure that you can apply very soon. Keep an eye on this page for more updates related to the application and more.