Awas Yojana Ujjain
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is all set to be started in Ujjain. The scheme that is all set to provide housing to the poor by 2022 has set its first foot ahead in Ujjain. Nearly 4000 applicants in Ujjain will be benefitted from this.
- The government has decided to provide brick and cement at lower prices for the construction of houses for the EWS and LIG in Ujjain.
- Not just this, if you have applied for this scheme and been selected, then you will receive Rs. 1.20 lakh for the construction of your house.
- So that poor people are not deceived, and so that the program reaches completion successfully without any impediments, the government shall give instructions to the poor on how to construct their houses. Such instructions shall help them see to it that the houses are being built properly.
- On 28th December 2016 a government event will be held when the 4000 beneficiaries will be suggested to the central government via a PowerPoint presentation.
- In the same event, engineers will be suggesting how to get the foundation and the lantern of the houses right. The beneficiaries will get the teachings right from the engineers themselves. They will also get the instructions on how to get the installment under this Yojana.
- The government will also announce to whom the dealership for this whole project will go. Dealers for bricks, cement, rods, and all the construction processes will be declared in this event.
- Also, the government will provide the first installment out of the entire amount directly to the beneficiaries. They will receive an amount of Rs. 40,000 right on this day itself.
- The beneficiaries are free to make their house with this money as they please, but since engineers will be present, they can ask valuable questions to them, and take their advice so that they can create stronger houses.
All of these information and material will be provided to the housing loan beneficiaries. The loans which the people can take from banks will also be given at subsidized rates. The idea is to bring all the underprivileged in one housing plan system.
How can this scheme help people?
This scheme can help people by reconstructing the slum houses or through credit linked subsidy. Through the latter, they will be giving subsidy to the beneficiaries for reconstructing or maintaining their house.
If you are from EWS group, then the government will provide you special assistance in obtaining your home. The government will come into a partnership. If you need house construction subsidy then the same will be provided under “Beneficiary Led Individual House Construction” policy.
Many of them are being provided to the Ujjain residents at present.