Eligibility Criteria under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was implemented in 2015. It has two separate components, one for the people living in urban areas and the other to meet the requirements of people living in the rural regions. According to the requirements of the people living in these areas, the eligibility criteria are different.
PMAY Urban Eligibility Criteria
- For candidates of EWS – All applying candidates who do not earn more than 3 lakhs during each financial year, they will be categorized as EWS or Economically Weaker Section. They will stand a chance to get a new permanent home under the program.
- For LIG candidates – This category will consist of candidates who have an annual earning that is m more than 3 lakhs but does not exceed the mark of 6 lakhs. This category is termed as Low Income Group.
- For middle income groups (MIG 1 and 2) – The Middle Income Group has been divided into two separate sections. The MIG1 consists of all those individuals who earn no more than 12 lakhs during one financial year. They will get a credit of 9 lakhs. The MIG2 consist of those candidates who get a yearly remuneration that is not more than 18 lakhs. They will acquire a credit of 12 lakhs.
- Women candidates – Apart from the above mentioned groups, even single women and widows, who do not have any other earning members in the family, will be allowed to submit an application to get a new home.
- Under privileged classes – It has been mentioned in the draft of this scheme that all under-privileged classes like OBC, SC, ST, who meet the other requirements, will be allowed to apply for this scheme. Any person who falls in the minority group will be able to apply under this welfare program.
- No access to pucca home – The most important eligibility criteria, that all people need to fulfill, no matter which income group they belong to is they must not own a permanent house in any state.
PMAY Rural Eligibility Criteria
- Residence related criteria – Much like the urban scheme, it has been highlighted in the rural scheme that only those candidates will be allowed to apply for a home if they live in the rural areas.
- No permanent home – Though no specific income related criteria has been mentioned for the people in the rural area, it has been mentioned that only those candidates will be able to apply for a new permanent house, if they did not have a permanent abode. People who lived in rented homes can also apply under this scheme.
- Person needs to have his name in SECC 2011 list.
- Applicant having women would be given preference
Modi Ji aims to get all the eligible person a pucca house before 2022