Rental Housing Scheme for Students in Gujarat 2020 (Eligibility, Application form, rent)
Proper education can pave the path for the overall success of a student. The pursuit for higher education often compels students to leave their home towns, and settle in other areas. Such candidates need to make the necessary residential arrangements. Opting for rental homes is the best solution. However, high rental charges can create issues. The Gujarat government will soon announce the Rental Housing Scheme for Students with the aim of solving this conundrum. In this article, you will get in-depth details about the features and eligibility criteria, which must be need to be met by the interested pupils.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Rental Housing Scheme for Students|
|Launched by||Vijay Rupani|
|Date of preliminary announcement||September 2020|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
|Supervised by||State Government of Gujarat|
Key features of the scheme
- Better accommodation for students – Students need safe, secure and low-cost rental arrangements in a new area. This scheme will make the process easy and streamlined.
- Houses on rent – Gujarat authority has stated that the implementation of this project will provide proper accommodation facilities for students on rent.
- Low rental charges – A market survey highlights that rental charges for residential units are rather high. It is not possible for students to pay such hefty amounts each month. Under this scheme, Gujarat government will monitor these charges. Thus, students will have to pay less for rent.
- Acquiring vacant homes – Primarily, the state government will make a list of all houses, which are currently vacant. Such residential units will revamped as per the scheme specifications. Students can occupy these units on rental basis.
- Construction of new complexes – To accommodate students, the government will sanction construction of new residential buildings, which will be offered to students on rental basis.
- Private – Public Partnership – For better and quick implementation of this housing scheme, the Gujarat government will opt for the private-public partnership. Apart from government contractors, private property developers will be roped in for the success of this program.
Eligibility for applicants
- Residential criterion – Students, who are permanent residents of Gujarat, will be able to apply for this scheme. Additionally, students, coming to this state, from other parts of the country will be allowed to enroll as well.
- For students only – As the scheme name suggests, this project has been designed and developed for the betterment of the students.
- Financial background – The state official stated that preference will be given to those applicants who belong to financially weak families. Candidates belonging to BPL, EWS and LIG category will reap the benefits of this project.
- Must not have alternative residential arrangements – It has been mentioned in the preliminary announcement that only those pupils will be allowed to obtain the perks of this scheme who do not have alternative lodging arrangements.
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential documents – Interested applicants must submit copies of their residential proof that highlights the name of the states from where they belong.
- Academic certificates – It is mandatory for the candidates to attach certificates, issued by the respective educational institute that highlights course related details.
- Identification documents – Every candidate must attach copies of their Aadhar and Voter Cards with the registration form, for verification.
- Income certificate – As the scheme has been developed for financially weak applicants, candidates must provide their BPL or LIG certificates, as applicable.
How to apply for the scheme?
The Gujarat state government has announced that it will soon roll out this scheme. The official announcement and other scheme-related details have not been released yet. When the government officials provide such information, you will get the updates on our website. We will highlight the eligibility in details. Apart from this, we will also give in-depth information on the application process.
Most of the reputed educational institutes are located in the cities. Students from remote areas and other states find it rather challenging to make residential arrangements. With the implementation of this scheme, pupils will no longer have to worry about paying steep rental charges. The state government will monitor the rent for the benefit of the students.
Other links –
- Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana in Gujarat
- Zero Interest Farm Loan in Gujarat
- छत्तीसगढ़ मुख्यमंत्री सुगम सड़क योजना
- मुख्यमंत्री वास स्थल क्रय सहायता योजना