List of New Schemes in Odisha Budget 2018-19 health youth education Ama Ghare LED Light Karyakram
The state government of Odisha has announced the 2018-19 Budget and has decided to introduce a complete list of beneficiary schemes for the people of the state including Ama Ghare LED Light Karyakram scheme. The state government has announced the implementation of the new schemes with an aim to develop various sectors including farming, infrastructure development, educational sector and health sector. For the fiscal year 2018-19 the state government will focus on implementing complete list of important schemes.
List of schemes for 2018-19
As per the updates, the Odisha state government has announced to implement a complete list of schemes for this fiscal year 2018-19. Some of the important schemes for implementation include Ama Gaon Ama bikash programme, Khushi scheme, Biju Yuva Vahini, Sunetra (CM Chakshyu Jatna Karyaram), Nidan scheme, Nirmal Programme, Basudha scheme, Mo school campaign, Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana, Green Mahanadi Mission, CM Medha Brudhi.
Set Budget for implementation
The state government of Odisha for effective implementation of the scheme has already announced to set a budget of Rs 1.2 lakh crore for the implementation for 2018-19. The state government has also stated that the amount is nearly 12.3 percent on higher side as compared to fiscal years budget for 2017-18.
Key Features – Ama Ghare LED Light Karyakram
- As per the new scheme the government will distribute the LED lights and bulbs free of cost to the people belonging to the poor households. With this implementation the government aims at enlightening the houses of these people with LED lights.
- The government has taken this initiative as the LED bulbs are more energy efficient and consume less electricity. So the people of the state will have to pay less electricity bills.
- The state government will also ensure that the budget is set as per the requirements so it will help in focusing to improve the living standards of the people belonging to the BPL families.
- The state government has also announced to make use of Rs 125 crore set budget for procuring LED light bulbs under the scheme.
New schemes budget allocation
The state government of Odisha has announced to implement new schemes within infrastructure, agriculture, education, health and housing sector. The scheme will be launched for implementation for poor people.
Health – The overall budget for implementation in this scheme is 6160 crore. Some of the latest health schemes introduced are:-
- SUNETRA – Chakshyu Jatna Karyakram scheme by CM has been newly announced for implementation. This is a type of scheme dedicated for eye care with a set budget of Rs 682 crore to be implemented in 5 years time frame. The government will use Rs 87 crore for implementation in 2018-19.
- Khushi scheme – Under Khushi scheme the state government will distribute sanitary napkins for free to girls with an allocated amount of Rs 50 crore under the scheme for maintaining hygiene.
- Nirmal programme – This scheme is aimed at improving the standards of health care services within the ancillary sector by the state government.
- Nidan scheme – Under Nidan scheme the government has announced to offer with free of cost diagnosis to the needy and poor people of the state of Odisha.
- Swasthya Seva Mission by CM – Under this scheme the state government aims at improving the condition of infrastructure such that the health care services in the state can be better. The government will allocate Rs 700 crore budget for implementation of the scheme.
- Nirmaya scheme – The state government has also set a budget of Rs 304 crore for implementation of this scheme under which the government will provide with free of cost drugs to the needy people.
Youth Empowerment and Education – an overall budget of Rs 19678 crore has been set by the government for implementation. Some schemes within this sector are:-
- Gangadhar MeherSikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana – the state government will be offering with free of cost education accessories including bicycles, books, uniforms and shoes to the students within the state government schools.
- Odisha Adarsh Vidyalayas – A set budget of Rs 250 crore has been announced by the government for implementation of this new scheme in the state for construction of schools.
- Akanshya Scheme – the state government has announced to implement a set budget of Rs 200 crore for introduction of this scheme for ST students for construction of Hostels for girls.
- MO school campaign – A set budget of Rs 50 crore has been announced by the government for this scheme under which the government will distribute Rs 1 lakh for each of the school in the government sector for performance.
- Medha Bruti by CM – The government has set a budget of Rs 20 crore for the scheme to offer over 40,000 students of 10th grade as scholarship amount.
- SEBC / OBC hostels – The government will also spend money for construction of over 100 hostels for students belonging to SEBC and OBC categories. Apart from this the government will implement Biju Yuva Vahini scheme by allocating Rs 90 crore budget to develop Youth skills for leadership and skills.
Apart from this the state government has also announced for implementation of various schemes under agricultural sector and hygienic drinking water facilities for the people of the state for 2018-19 budget.
- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)
- Uttar Pradesh Anti Corruption Portal
- ARPANA Portal Odisha
- Odisha Schemes and Yojana