Maharashtra Budget Highlights 2018-19 Farmers Education Youth
Maharashtra State Government has presented annual budget for the financial year 2018-19. This year the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government focussed on the farmers and villages more than other sectors. The government has allocated Rs. 4, 13,044 Cr this year for the development of the state.
On Friday, 9th March 2018, the Finance Minister of the state, Sudhir Mungantiwar has presented the annual budget for the next financial year. Deepak Kesarkar, the Minister or State for Finance has also joined Sudhir for presentation of the state budget.
Highlights of the Budget – 2018
Farmers – Agricultural Sector
- Drought-Free Scheme: The state has announced about a scheme namely Jalyukt Shivar Scheme. Rs. 1500 Cr has been allocated to this scheme to reduce problem faced by the farmers due to drought in the state.
- Irrigation and Organic Farming: The Maharashtra government has allocated Rs. 8, 233 Cr for various irrigation projects across the rural areas in the state. Along with it, to promote organic farming Rs. 100 Cr has been set aside by the finance ministry. Nearly 26 irrigation projects including PM sinchai Yojana will be implemented.
- Loan waiving scheme: Over 35 Lac farmers will be benefitted from this scheme in coming financial year. Rs. 13, 782 Cr has been allotted for this scheme to facilitate farmers of the state.
- Others: There will be state government buses to transport agricultural products from rural to urban. State will soon launch agricultural mortgage scheme for which warehouses will be constructed in the state.
- Educational Free-ships: The Finance Ministry has allocated Rs. 605 Cr for the educational free-ships. Also the state has increased the income limit from 6 Lac to 8 Lac for the students availing educational free-ships.
- Scholarship: For the students belonging to categories SC / ST / OBC the scholarship amount has been increased. From Rs. 2000/- per month to Rs. 8000/- per month has been announced by the Finance Minister.
- Educational Centres: 50 Cr will be allotted to the establishment of new educational centres for the students who are going to sit for national competitive examinations. Also skill development universities will be established in the state as well.
- Entrepreneurship and Start-ups: 5000 Cr has been allotted to the start-ups this year. To encourage start-ups and entrepreneurship, state government has increased aid from Rs. 50 Cr to Rs. 400 Cr.
Transport & Infrastructure
- Roads: Bandra – Versova Sea Link will receive Rs. 7500 Cr this year. Apart from that Rs. 100 Cr will be allocated to development of Nagpur airport. For bus depot development another Rs. 40 Cr has been kept. Mumbai Urban Transport Project-3, Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway and others’ development work will start soon.
- Security: Around Rs. 13 Cr will be spent on development of security in the state. CCTV cameras will be installed in police stations; latest technology will be used in monitoring daily activities of the people across the state.
- Swachh Maharashtra Initiative: Around 6 Lac toilet blocks will be built in urban areas under this initiative. Alongside 21 Lac blocks will be constructed in rural areas. This will be a part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Statues: Shivaji Statue off Arabian Sea has also been considered. The FM said they will be trying to build the statue within 36 months. Rs. 300 Cr has been allotted for this statue. Another Rs. 150 Cr has been allotted for Balasaheb Memorial in Indu Mills in Dadar area.
Other developments like Zoo improvements, water ferry service, welfare of the backward community and so on will also be starting soon in the state.
- National Biofuel Policy 2018
- MP Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh Scheme
- RTE Maharashtra 2018-19 Admission Online Application Form
- CSMSSY 2018 – Application Form Date Extend