Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana (MSBM) Jharkhand (Health Card, Loan, BPL, Premium Amount)
Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana, as the name itself suggests, is a health insurance scheme. This time this scheme will be launched in the state of Jharkhand. It will provide coverage to a major portion of the residents of the state.
The scheme has just been announced on the 6th of Oct by the Chief Minister. It will launch officially on 15th Nov 17. The implementation of the scheme will start from 28th Dec onwards. Within this time frame you will be asked to apply for the scheme if you are eligible. The chosen families will be contacted directly with the aids from the government. The scheme shall officially launch in Ranchi.
- Health card – Government will also be issuing special health cards to people who want to take benefit under the insurance scheme. These health cards should be produced by the beneficiary at the time of availing treatment from selected hospitals and nursing homes.
- Beneficiary – This scheme has mainly targeted the socially and economically backward sections of the society and thus it will benefit about 57 lakh families in the state.
- Those families which are directly covered by the National Food Security Act are included in the number of beneficiaries here.
- You do not have to pay any premium to obtain this health insurance. It is completely free of charge for those who are eligible for the scheme.
- Currently the Health Ministry of the state is in the process of building the guidelines for the scheme. They will soon start their selection process based on those criteria.
- The scheme will not only cover treatments but also investigations that are medical in nature. It will also help provide medicines in the hospitals and facilitate them to help the poor in the best possible way.
- BPL households: This scheme is currently for the below poverty level individuals residing in the state only. Hence if you are a BPL card holder then you can apply for this scheme.
- Residence: Also you have to be a resident of Jharkhand. You will need to provide your address proof during the time of application most probably.
- The state government has also made it very clear that the benefit will also be provided to each family or individual who is registered under the NFS act (National Food Security Act) within the state.
Financial assistance (Loan details)
- Under this scheme monetary aid will be provided for secondary care and special care of Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 2 lakh each. Also, Rs. 30,000 will be additionally provided for the senior citizens among the ones covered.
- The government has decided to make the system cashless and therefore they will provide health cards to the beneficiaries under this system.
- Under this scheme the government will also establish new centers around the state. To promote this scheme the government is also promoting a campaign.
- The central government will offer with over 60 percent contributions towards the Insurance scheme. Apart from this, the state government will also make a contribution of over 40 percent towards the insurance premiums to be made for selected hospitals and nursing homes.
- The state government has already made it very clear that poor people will be offered with complete free medical assistance. Beneficiary under the scheme will be able to take benefit of premium free medical assistance for undergoing treatment as the premium cost will be paid by the state government.
- The state government will also offer with financial assistance to various selected hospitals and health care centers that offer with treatment to poor people under the scheme. The premiums shall be paid by the government directly in the hospitals and nursing homes bank accounts.
- A complete list of selected private and government owned hospitals and nursing homes shall be prepared by the government that shall offer with treatments to the people.
- The state government will also notify the hospitals and nursing homes in the nearby states and border areas that would be selected to be enrolled under the scheme.
This scheme will immensely benefit the poor and underprivileged for whom the prices of the medicines are sky rocketing every day. It will also help them find the basic aid necessary with the help of health cards.
Other Schemes –
- Zero Interest Farm Loan upto 3 Lakhs in Gujarat
- Vidhwa Punarvivah Yojana in MP
- Sahibganj bypass in Jharkhand to Manihari bypass in Bihar
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana