Registration of Namo Tablet Yojana in Gujarat 2018 E-Tablet (Yojna) in only 1000 rs (Specification/Features, Eligibility, Online Registration)
A new initiative has been launched in Gujarat called “NAMO” – abbreviation for “New Avenues of Modern Education through Tablets”. This scheme will facilitate learning and higher education by providing tablets to the meritorious students of the state. The first phase of this scheme has already taken place, very soon the second phase is going to commence for the year 2018.
This scheme was officially launched on the 13th of July 2017. The Chief Minister Vijay Rupani was also present at the event. This was to be a part of Swavalamban Yojana for the youth of the state and also a part of the Women Empowerment Project. At present the Gujarat State Cooperative Bank along with the Gujarat Cooperative Bank Federation shall oversee this scheme. For more details click here https://sje.gujarat.gov.in/showpage.aspx?contentid=1&lang=English
Some of the important dates under this scheme are –
- The first round of tablet distribution held on 14th July 2017 at 4pm.
- The second round of the distribution took place on 17th July 4pm.
- The third and last round of tablet distribution was held on 20th July 2017 at 4pm.
Important Details about NAMO Tablet
- Objective: The main aim of this scheme is to help meritorious students get better aid in their higher education. It will also encourage current aspirants to work harder.
- 7-inch tablet: Under this scheme the government will be providing a 7-inch long tablet to the students (provided they meet all the eligibility criteria).
- Students who will get tablets: This scheme will give tablet to the students who have just passed their 12th and have entered the first year of college.
- Subsidy: Although the tablets are priced at Rs. 8000, the students who are selected, can purchase it at just Rs. 1000 – at a subsidized rate.
- of students to receive this benefit: The government has decided that in order to encourage more students to participate, it will give e-TAB tablets to around 3.5 lakh students.
- Tablets aimed for: The Gujarat government is mainly targeting the poor and the middle capacity households to give this tablet to, so that they get some educational aid.
Specifications of the tablet
|Capacitive (1024 x 600 pixels)
|Android v5.1 Lollipop
|0.3 MP (VGA)
|Rs. Eight Thousands
|1 year for handset and 6 months for in-box accessories.
- Educational qualification: You will have to have passed your 12th board examination in the year in 2017 in order to obtain the e-TAB tablet.
- Stream qualification: If you are seeking admission in polytechnic stream or in any other stream in colleges in the state, then you are eligible to apply.
- Gujarat domicile: Your permanent address should be Gujarat because this scheme is only for the students that reside within this territory.
How to apply (Online registration process)
- Step 1: First of all get in touch with your college authorities. They will tell you the steps involved in obtaining the tablet and point you to the institute’s login portal.
- Step 2: Once you have logged in, you will have to put your institute ID and details like course name, category, your name, mobile phone number, etc.
- Step 3: Now that you have entered all your specific details, the institute will enter your board and seat number on the portal provided.
- Step 4: After this, you have to pay Rs. 1000 as a token amount to your college authorities. Make sure that they generate a receipt of the same. Take the receipt number and the date and enter them into the portal.
The last step may have to be done in the presence of an authority. For more details you can visit http://www.gtu.ac.in/uploads/Online_Tablet%20Yojna%20FAQ_Circular%2013-07-2017.pdf
You can also add more students to this portal in this way by clicking on ‘Add New Student.’ This is mainly useful for the institutes to add new students. If you are a student you must keep your login credentials safely to login on the website later.
This scheme is a part of a main scheme which also has similar objectives. It is the Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana. Only the needy families have been handpicked to get the benefits of this scheme.
Other links –
- Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Benefits
- Sahay Yojana Gujarat Eligibility
- Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swablamban Uttarkhand Scheme
- GST Saheli Registration