Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (Sehri, PMAYU) | प्रधान मंत्री आवास योजना शहरी
Although India continues to proceed with great promise, the poverty line has yet to bridge the enormous gulf between the rich and the poor. The maximum number of people in our country does not have the basic amenities of life which includes a roof over their heads and a safe shelter at night.
The number of street dwellers is growing at an alarming rate and this is something which bodes serious concern indeed. The Scheme promises to provide housing provisions for the homeless by the year 2022. This is the time by when our country would be proudly celebrating 75th year of Independence.
How to apply Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Online and Offline
Online mode of application
Government is welcoming the online applications for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The qualified applicant can apply online for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by just filling their contact particulars as well as the AADHAR Card number. Online form can be downloaded from the website which is free of cost. One can found the application form from the website under the link Citizen Application. One can check the status of their application online by filling the AADHAR Card number and application number.
Applying via CSC
One can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana through Common Service Centers. The cost of online submission of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application form through Common Service Centers would be Rs. 25. These centers have to give acknowledgement receipt of the online application of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in print form.
Tips to find CSC in your city
As government gives the facility to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana through Common Service Centers so the persons who are not aware of computer and internet can apply by going to these centre. One of best thing is that the processing fees of application form on these centre is only Rs 25. So one can easily find Common Service Centers in their area as there is CSC in every village for the help of villagers
This means that by making the whole procedure online, it can be carried forward with much quick speed. So be hurry and fill the online form.
This program launch has proved very effective for the street dwellers. If the private developers provide excess plots of lands, those can well serve as rehabilitation houses for the under privileged and homeless. The Public and Private sectors can collaborate to provide Affordable Housing for the weaker section which would be within their economic budget.
The more underdeveloped section of the society can also opt for credit linked subsidy to get the Promotion of Affordable Housing society. Individual house and house constructions should also be provided with subsidy for beneficiary.
About the beneficiaries Details
A slum may be defined as a somewhat congested plot of land which houses a good number of families. The conditions of living are far below standards than expected normal in this kind of housing colony with improper sanitary conditions and low quality drinking water. This PMAYU movement would strive to make things a whole lot better by providing the urban street dwellers a safe and healthy shelter.
The EWS or the economically weaker section of the society and people from the LIG or the low income group comprise the major beneficiaries of this scheme. For the people from the EWS group the annual income is considered to be 3 lakhs. But for the people from the low income group it is considered to be three to four lakhs.
The beneficiary family can comprise man and wife and unmarried young people. However there are barring factors which state that a family which avails this government policy should not be in the ownership of a pucca house. The pucca house should not be owned by any member of the family in any part of the country in order for them to gain advantage of this mission.
Necessity and details
- A house is the basic need for a human being to return to at the end of tiring day. Once you know that you have a safe and comfortable place to go back to where your loved ones await your return, you feel much comforted. So this is why the Prime Minister has launched this movement so that all the Indian citizens can obtain a house within their financial capacity and realize their dreams. Previously this scheme was also known as the Housing for All Scheme.
- It was introduced on June 2015 and targets at constructing two crore houses which would provide shelter to the currently homeless throughout the length and breadth of the country. By the year 2022, this target is expected to be fulfilled.
People who can seek assistance
Other than economically weaker section or low income group individuals, other people who can seek assistance from this scheme are the individuals of scheduled castes and tribes. The best part of this scheme is that it accommodates Indian women also of all religions and castes. So it can be safely said that once this movement is launched no woman will ever be homeless again. All individuals are equally eligible to approach this movement and thus there is no bias or discrimination against anyone on any prejudices.
Some salient features
- The people from the LIG ,EWS and MIG would be eligible enough to get a subsidy grant from the government which range is from one lakh to 2.30 lakhs. This money is provided from the central government treasury and will permit the people to build a house under the scheme within comfortable finances.
- The ladies will definitely get first preferences when they approach this scheme. This puts the scheme in a much favorable light when it comes to getting shelter for women.
- Also when it comes to ground floors of the houses, provisions will definitely be made in first preferences for the senior citizens and ones with limited mobility.
Updated on 23rd March
More Than 1 Lakh New Houses Sanctioned Under PMAYU
Recently the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has approved a new PMAYU proposal. New affordable houses will be constructed. According to PMAY we know that in the urban areas the poor will shift to new housing locations. These houses will be cheaper and banks would give loans to the poor at cheaper interest rates. The beneficiaries of these loans can repay these loans in a subsidized rate of 6%. At present the total investment of the government for building these houses is Rs. 1 lakh crore. It is estimated that by the end of the year 2019 many urban poor will have a roof over their head. This will help give shelter to several of those who have kuchha houses.
Here are some of the facts
- The project is taken up in six states and it will be implemented by the assistance of the local state government. Nearly 1, 17,814 houses are sanctioned and they will cost Rs. 5773 crore to build.
- The central assistance for the same will be Rs. 1,816. This amount is approved by the Prime Minister Awas Yojana for the urban areas. The rest of the money is granted as a loan to the home owners.
- The ministry has specifically asked that the process speeds up. The houses must complete within the original time frame of 2022. Within this time, the Awas Yojana first phase house building shall be completed.
- State government is providing the land to the urban poor and the BLC is enabling them to build their houses. The houses will get all basic amenities and they will also have balconies, attached bathrooms and modern facilities.
- Till now it is Tamil Nadu which has built the highest number of houses – 2, 27,700. Madhya Pradesh comes a close second with 2, 09,036 houses built. Now even 27, 475 new houses are going to be built in Madhya Pradesh.
- Karnataka will get 31,424 new houses. Its 234 cities and towns are considered eligible for this scheme. Rs. 1,222 crore is assigned for this scheme. Rs. 518 crore is the central assistance to the state.
- States like Jharkhand, Bihar and Orissa will get 20,099, 25,221 and 2,115 houses built for this fiscal year. All of these houses are getting immediately started on. The beneficiaries will keep receiving the government grants for the same.
- Biju Shishu Surakshya Yojana for HIV affected in Odisha
- Deendayal canteen subsidized meal Yojana in MP
- Awas Yojana Gramin