Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY, Rs 6000) | Pregnancy Aid Scheme | Garbhvati Mahila Yojana
The Matritva Sahyog Yojana has been renamed as the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana but much of this continues to have the same overall meaning. If anything, the scheme has been slightly revised with a few changes. It will continue to offer Rs. 6,000 in support to pregnant and nursing mothers following their first births.
This new scheme was approved by the central union cabinet. This is especially being promoted a little more as a means of aiming to make it visible and more useful to a larger number of people. This comes as many people were not fully aware of the original scheme when it had first been released.
The scheme in particular has been around in some form since 2010 but it has not been promoted as well. It has gone through several name changes over the years but is being promoted as a new and better improved option for access throughout the entire country. This is to help make the scheme more appealing and visible to a larger number of people who need assistance.
The Key Objectives
There are two main objectives that are to be used in this scheme:
- First, women will receive support by covering any lost amounts of money that they could have gotten at their jobs. This ensures that women can get the rest they need after giving birth or nursing. Proper wages are to be provided based on the work status that a woman had before giving birth.
- The health of pregnant women will be improved upon through cash incentives. These are to help women with getting the physical support they need for managing their bodies and getting the help they demand.
This will be carried out by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. This is to help with managing the physical needs that women might have when getting support through the scheme. It is especially to help with making the scheme a little easier to market and promote to all kinds of women who need it.
The benefits from the scheme are for women who have given birth to their first children. The benefits that are provided will go to a proper bank account linked to the woman who will benefit from the scheme. The DBT mode will be used to take care of the funds that one has. There are a few terms associated with getting the payments in the setup ready:
- The first payment of Rs. 1,000 is made at the registration process. This can typically be done as the woman is pregnant and will help to prepare her for support with managing a healthy birthing process.
- The second payment is for Rs. 2,000 if at least one antenatal checkup is utilized after six months of pregnancy. This is to ensure that a woman is able to get the help that she demands in any way.
- A third payment of Rs. 3,000 will also be provided when the birth is registered and if the child in question receives his or her first cycle of vaccines. This should include vaccinations for hepatitis B, DPT, OPV and BCG among other points.
Who Isn’t Eligible?
Not all women will be eligible to take advantage of what the scheme has to offer. It will not be available to women who are employed by the central or state government or in any other part of the public sector. Also, those who receive similar benefits under any other particular scheme that is similar to this one will not be able to get the help that one might want.
The amount of funding involved with the scheme will be managed by the central government for the most part although individual state will also be responsible for getting the scheme ready. About Rs. 12,661 crore will be used for implementing the scheme from January 2017 to March 2020. About Rs. 7,932 crore of the totals being managed will be covered by the central government while the remainder will be handled by individual state governments.
Application process –
The application process should be used in the same manner as that of other older schemes that had been introduced earlier. A participant should be able to apply by getting one’s information out to a proper local governmental office. All women interested in getting into the scheme should see how it will work and where they can go to apply whether it be online or through local governmental offices.
- Free Housing Scheme for Poor in Uttar Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in SBI