Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme (PMRF) Stipend Salary for Ph.D. Students Application Form process Eligibility Fee @pmrf.in Registration 2018
The new PMRF (Prime Minister Research Fellowship) Scheme was officially approved for implementation and launch by the Central Government Union Cabinet. The new scheme has been approved for students opting for research programs under the Ph.D. The government has provided with provisions for students to directly opt for admission in professional research course with IISC and IIT. Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme has received a nod from the Union Cabinet Ministry. The authority has invited application from students belong to diverse categories for pursuing doctorate. Under this fellowship scheme each scholar will get Rs. 80,000 per month from the central government of India.
On 7th February 2018, the Union Cabinet Ministry has announced about the dates and fellowship application. The Human Resource Ministry has announced about the scheme under the supervision of Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi. The official website for the fellowship scheme is https://pmrf.in/.
|Start date for enrolment through online application
|Ending date for enrolment through online application
|Applicants’ interview session at local centres
|Final result announcement date
- Fellowship Program: The central has started this scheme to researchers from science and technology platform. The scheme aims to provide provision for them to research more for new innovation and creation in the mentioned platform.
- Stipend: Under this scheme researchers will receive stipend of at least Rs. 70, 000/- per month and above. This is one of the highest amounts that have been paid to the researchers in India.
- New portal: A new web portal has been introduced for this fellowship scheme. Through this web portal researchers can apply online faster and swifter than before.
- Encouragement of Talent: This scheme will not have any category or reservation. Researchers will get opportunity to study/research on their merit and talent. There will be no restriction of caste, category, sections, zones or states.
- Of beneficiaries: As per the reports, in next 3 years nearly 3000 students will get the opportunity to enjoy benefits of the scheme. This is valid from 2018-19.
Guidelines for Beneficiaries (Eligibility Criteria)
- Applicants must complete 5 years Undergraduate program to pursuit PMRF scheme. Researchers who are still in 5th year or pursuing UG program can also apply for the scheme.
- Researchers, to take up this scheme, have to belong to science and technology field. That is the candidate has to finish 5years’ course of M. Tech (integrated) or M. Sc in any of the technical stream.
- Candidates who have completed their UG from any of the following institutes such as IISERs, NIT, IIT and IISC will only be eligible for the scheme. Other universities will not be considered.
- Applicants must secure at least 8 out of 10 CGPA or CPI to pursuit this program. In case of integrated program, marks of first 4 years will be considered under this scheme.
Amount / Grant / Stipend and Salary under the Fellowship scheme
The government has already stated that it shall be offering with a financial assistance for a period of 5 years under the scheme that will be used for sole research program by the student.
- First year – For the first year the student will get a fellowship of Rs 70000 monthly with a grant of Rs 2 lakh yearly basis. For one complete year the government will offer student with Rs 10,40,000 assistance.
- Second Year– For second year program the student will be entitled for Rs 70,000 monthly salary with a Grant of Rs 2 lakh yearly. An overall assistance of Rs 10,40,000 will be provided to the student on yearly basis.
- Third year– For completing the third year the student will be provided with a grant of Rs 75000 every month and a Research Grant of Rs 2 lakh yearly with an overall amount of Rs 11,00,000 on yearly basis.
- Fourth year –for the fourth year the government will provide student with a salary of Rs 80,000 monthly along with Rs 12 lakh for research grant and an overall of Rs 11,60,000 grant on an annual basis.
- Fifth year – For the final year the student will be provided with a grant of Rs 80,000 every month and a sum of Rs 2 lakh for research work yearly along with a total of Rs 11,60,000 for yearly basis.
Apart from this the government will also offer with Rs 2 lakh for each student registered under the program as expense to meet the traveling expense for foreign land to make presentations of the research work in seminars and conferences.
How to Apply
- To apply for the program the researchers have to click on the official page of PMRF scheme https://pmrf.in/. On the home page, the candidates will find the Apply Online in the Menu Bar. Click on the option.
- The next page will show the rules and regulation of applying for the scheme. Read the rules carefully to know more about application under PMRF Scheme.
- At the bottom of the page, ‘Please Click Here to Apply Online’ option is there. Applicants have to click on it to redirect to the application form page. The direct link for application is https://pmrf.in/applications/submitapplication.html.
- Researchers are required to fill up the form in detail. They must provide their personal details such as name, address, phone number and so on. Alongside educational background and university preference should also be updated. Finally finish the process by uploading your passport sized photo and latest resume.
- Afterwards researchers must pay the fees through online banking. By clicking on the ‘Online Fee Payment’ tab they will be redirected to the State Bank of India payment gateways through which the candidate can pay the required fees for this fellowship program.
All Features About PM Research Fellowship Scheme
- For providing the assistance the government will make the selection of best approved candidates from the final year M.Sc / M.Tech or M.Tech Integrated programs.
- The selection will only be made form the technology and science fields for IIT, NIT, IISER and IISc faculties. The program will be implemented by the HRD (Human Resource Department) of Ministry.
- The government has also stated that the beneficiary under the scheme will also have to select to teach in any one of the 14000 centers of ITI (Industrial Training Institutes).
As mentioned that through State Bank of India payment gateway, researchers can pay the fees of this fellowship. Each researcher will have to pay Rs. 1000/- as fees for the program at the time of registration. Once the payment process will be done, e-receipt will be generated in the name of the researcher. Researchers must save the PDF copy of the receipt for future reference.
Set budget 2018
For better implementation of the scheme the government has allocated a set budget of Rs 1650 crore to be implemented for 2018-19 academic year. The amount will be implemented by the government for a period of next seven years.
The new initiative has been taken by the government to help boost the idea of knowledge transfer in science and engineering colleges. This will also help in promoting the level of education in the ITI centers across the country. This will help in overcoming the shortage of better teaching staff in these centers nation wide.
The application eligibility criterion for Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme attracted a lot of criticism from students of Indian universities. During the launch of this project, it was suggested that only candidates of IISC, IITs, IISERs, NITs, and IITs will be allowed to apply. That left out a majority of equally qualified students that study in other universities. Thus, Prakash Javadekar was happy to declare that from now on, applicants, irrespective of which university they attend, will get the opportunity to test their merit by applying for this research grant scheme.
- MP Voter List (Matdata Suchi) 2018 Download With Photo
- Haryana Sant Ravidas Sahayata Interest Free Loan Yojana
- Kudumbashree Program Scheme Kerala