Rajya Samajik Suraksha Yojana is an initiative taken by the Bihar state government to facilitate the old aged people across the state. This is a pension scheme in which the old people who are unable to earn money and also belong to below poverty line category will get a specific amount of money as their pension. This will be a monthly payment so that they can survive in their old age.
Rajya Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- Bihar state government has introduced a new pension scheme for the old people. CM Nitish Kumar initiated the scheme for the people who live under the poverty line.
- The scheme is a pension scheme only for the old age people of the state. Under this scheme the old people will get a specific amount of money on monthly basis for their survival.
- The scheme will be applicable to the people who are 60 years or above and under 65 years. Below 60 years or above 65 years’ people will not be eligible for the scheme.
- The scheme will be applicable in urban as well as rural areas. People who are living below the poverty line will be the eligible candidates to take the facility of this scheme.
- Apart from elderly people, widows, physically disable, bonded labours and helpless people will also get benefitted from the scheme.
- The old people will get Rs. 200/- per month per person of a BPL family under this scheme. Rs. 100/- per month per person will be provided for the widows, bonded labours, disable and helpless people.
Eligibility under the scheme
- According to the scheme guidelines old people who are aged between 60 and 65 years will be eligible for the scheme. Also the candidates have to be from below the poverty line category.
- The family income of the candidate should not be more than Rs. 5500/- in case of urban areas and Rs. 5000/- in case of rural areas per year.
- Widows and disable people who are aged above 60 years and have family income of mentioned limit will be provided Rs. 100/- per month per person under RSSPY.
Registration process for the scheme
- To register under the scheme candidates need to fill up an application form and submit it. The application forms will be available in the block development offices.
- Eligible candidates need to collect the forms from the BDO, fill it and submit it to the same office. The block development office will send the forms to sub-division officers for further process.
- The applications and the associated documents will be verified by the sub-division officers in details and then they will be selected for the RSSPY scheme.
- Finally once the verification is done and the candidates are selected the money will be provided to each candidate through the camp. No bank transfer or other mode of payment is offered.