Apply Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY) in Chhattisgarh – Free Smartphone For BPL Category (Application Form, Last Date)
A new scheme has been launched by the Chhattisgarh state government which is termed as SKY (Sanchar Kranti Yojana).The new scheme has been introduced by the state government to create digital equality amongst the state’s citizens. The government has also announced that it shall be distributing free smart phones to the people of the state. Distribution will start from May 2018.
Sanchar Kranti Yojana in Tabular Form
|Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY)
|CM Raman Singh
|Vivek Dhand Chief Secretary of Chhattisgarh
|Aim of the scheme
|Distribute Smart Phones to over 5.5 million people
|Two stages (2017-18 and 2018-19)
- Under the new launched scheme it is certain that the state government has announced to distribute smart phones to over 5.5 million people in the state.
- Under the new scheme it is certain that the state government aims to provide smart phones to people belonging to BPL families (Below poverty Line).
- By the distribution of the free phones it is certain that the poor people will be able to get connected to the digital world and access all services including internet.
- As there are a big percentage of people who belong to the BPL families so it is certain that after the launch the government aims that mobile connectivity and usage shall also increase within the state.
- The state government has implemented the IT enabled scheme with an aim to promote English language usage within the state.
- Under this scheme it is certain that the government has reserved around 71 percent distribution of smart phone and internet services.
- Government will also be providing with English speaking kits in major primary schools within the state.
- The government has included over 45 lakh women, 39 lakh villagers and students, and 3 lakh transsexuals to get connected to the SKY scheme.
Eligibility under the scheme
- To be eligible for the registration under this scheme it is certain that the candidate must belong to the BPL family and poor section of the society.
- The scheme will be launched by the Chhattisgarh state government so it is certain that the beneficiary should be the citizen of the state by birth.
- It is also certain that the beneficiary should have a valid Aadhar card issued by the state government to prove his or her identity and residence proof.
How Mobile service providers will works
- Under the scheme it is certain that the state government has allowed the mobile service providers to install 1500 mobile phone towers in different locations on government buildings and offices for free.
- It is also certain that he mobile companies will be responsible to pay for the cost of the service provided to the telecom department.
How government select the Beneficiaries
- To implement the scheme within various rural areas rural development and Panchayat will make the selection of the beneficiaries by short-listing the candidates.
- The government also aims at implementing the same scheme for students studying in colleges and schools that shall be shortlisted by the Higher education department.
- Under the SKY scheme it is certain that the state government aims to distribute free smart phones to women subscribers on their names.
How this scheme works
- It will work in two stages. The government has planned to distribute over 5.08 million free phones during the launch of the 1st Around 4.80,000 phones shall be distributed later at the time of launch of second stage.
- Any village that is having population below 1000 shall also be distributed with free smart phones only during the second stage.
- Once the government has completed the process of distribution of the smart phones then the government will link subscribers with bank account and Aadhar card. This will help the government track any fraud related to the implementation of the scheme.
Benefits of the schemes
Under the scheme the government will offer with benefits of state owned GSDP services. Apart from this it will offer mobile phones with internet connectivity and promote cashless transactions within remote areas and villages. People will also be able to make use of different e-services in various schools and hospitals. Customers can make use of the smart phones to get latest updates regarding government policies on the phones itself. With the launch of the new scheme it is certain that the Chhattisgarh government aims to promote digital literacy amongst the BPL category of people. This will help them keep updated with new implementations and policies of the state government.
Please click on this link to get Sanchar Kranti Yojana “Application Form“
- National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
- Berojgari Bhatta Yojana Madhya Pradesh
- Free Laptop Scheme Yojana in UP
- Free Laptop Yojana Haryana
- Free Laptops to Students of Tamil Nadu for Session 2017-18