Annapurna Rasoi Yojana in Rajasthan
Annapurna Rasoi is a subsidized meal scheme that has been recently launched in Rajasthan. Taking a page from the book of the late Jayalalitha, this scheme has been launched and it seems to have already gained popularity among the masses.
The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Vasundhara Raje has launched this new scheme under which she will be giving meals at subsidized rates in the canteens. These canteens will be opened all over the state. This seems vaguely familiar because of its close resemblance with the Amma Canteen Yojana. This scheme is very much similar to that scheme.
How it launched
- According to a statement released by the government the CM launched the scheme by feeding a morsel to a Dalit and a Gurjar woman.
- Not just this, but the CM also fed a hearty meal that consisted of bajre ka roti, besan gate ki subzi and lahsun ki chutney.
- The scheme has been launched with the idea of helping the auto rickshaw drivers, rickshaw pullers, working women, and senior citizens. Basically those who need to have a healthy meal at affordable prices can get it now because of this scheme.
- The main objective of this scheme was to ensure that the main issue with the country’s poverty – three square meals a day, was solved.
How will the meals be provided?
According to the recent reports, the meals will be prepared by 80 special vans that will be dedicated for this purpose.
The scheme has been recently launched for only 12 district headquarters – soon it will spread throughout the state. Over the next fortnight there will be 25 vans in Jaipur alone. According to the Local Self Government of the state, the meals will be cooked by staff that is trained in hospitality. The van staff will have special uniforms and they will be dressed in aprons.
There will be sitting area around the van. This entire operation is being carried out by the Jeevan Sambhal Trust at present. The entire cost of one meal will be Rs. 23.70 and one breakfast will be Rs. 21.70. However, people will have to pay only Rs. 8 for a full meal and Rs. 5 for breakfast under this scheme.
Oncoming of the Yojana
The experts suggest that this Yojana has come at a time when the government is pressurized to appease the Gujjars, given the High Court verdict turning down the Special Backward Classes Act.
However, the target beneficiaries of this scheme are the poverty ridden class. The daily wage workers, the below poverty level individuals and the factory workers can have their daily meal here. They will not only get hygienic food here but also nutritious food that can meet their daily nutrition requirements.
What will the menu include?
The menu will include food such as wheat, corn, rice, nutritious vegetables and grains. It will also contain the staple dishes of Rajasthan like Besan Gatta Pulao, Dal dhokli, Gehu ka Mitha Khichda, Jawar ka Mitha Khichda and many more.
|1||Initial budget of Anna Rasoi Yojana||14 crore|
|2||Place of launch||Municipal headquarter, Lal Kothi|
|3||Breakfast rate||Rs. 5|
|4||Lunch or dinner rate||Rs. 8|
|5||Date of launch||15th Dec 2016|
|6||No. of mobile kitchens initially||80|
- Rastriya swasthya bima Yojana in Chhattisgarh
- Rs 99 and Rs 399 Unlimited Calls Prepaid Plan from BSNL
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana