Student Credit Card Scheme (SCC) in Bihar Application Form Check status Edu Fin Corp to Provide Loans to Students
One of the most ambitious welfare schemes of the Bihar state Government Student Credit Card (SCC) Scheme gets updated recently. Now with the recent update, the state students are able to get financial aid for their education at ease from the government end. The loan amount offered by the state government through this SCC Scheme will be most beneficial for the students to carry their higher studies in the top educational institutes.
The Student Credit Card (SCC) Scheme was launched during the year 2016 on the eve of nation’s Independence Day by the Chief Minister of the State Mr. Nitish. However, the scheme gets cabinet approval on the September month of 2016 and successfully implemented from the 2nd of October same year. Ever since the implementation of the scheme, on every academic year, eligible students avail their free educational loan from the bank by using their credit card issued by the state government under this SCC scheme.
Objective of the scheme
The scheme is designed for the students who are having financial problems. Bihar has so many deserving students who have potential but due to lack of financial stability they are unable to pursue their career after 12th. They could only afford the primary education not the higher education. The scheme will allow the students to get education loan without interest. The interest will be paid by the government.
After this scheme the students will be able to pursue their career in any professional course that will help them to acquire skilled jobs. The principal amount needs to be paid by the students.
- The scheme is for the students who belong to the financially weaker group. It was introduced by the State Government of Bihar and will be funded by the state government only.
- The scheme will be effectively announced and started working from 2nd October 2016 on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. The CM Nitish Kumar has declared the date a long time back. On 2nd October he announced the credit card scheme officially.
- Under this scheme the student will be able to draw up to 4 lakh rupees as educational loan. The interest will be paid by the state government and the principal amount will be paid by the student once she / he started working.
- It will be valid for the professional courses that are highly expensive for a poor student. Any professional course like CA, Management, CFA, Medical courses and such will be done by the students.
- The time for the payback of the loan amount will be starting after 4 years of the loan received by the students. The time is given to the students to finish their courses and get into desirable jobs.
- There will be online as well as offline registration process under this scheme.
Need for setting Edu Fin Corp for SCC Scheme
As the banking sector showing their hesitation on providing funds to the eligible students for their education by pointing out the mismatched lines over the estimated and derived outputs of the SCC Scheme, the state government decided to fund by its own.
Apart from that, the Bihar State government is planning to increase the student’s gross enrollment ratio on higher studies from 14% to 20% in nearby future. In order to achieve that mark, sufficient funds must be released to the potential and eligible students. So, the state government has set up the finance corp. for lending the loan amount without any delay.
The students who have successfully completed their 12th standard and want to pursue their career in any professional course will be benefited under the scheme. The student can belong to Bihar or can be a migrant as well. For the migrants there is a need for migration certificate as well.
Important Documents to be submitted
- Metric, intermediate and last passed examination result and mark sheets
- Scholarship details and proof for the course (if there is any).
- If the student is a migrant then the migration certificates and proof.
- Course details, registration details and course fee details.
- Student along with his/her parents/guardians’ passport size photo (2 copies)
- Form – 16 and salary slip of the parents or earning member of the family of previous year.
- Income Tax return of last two years and Income tax payment details and such
- 6 months’ bank statement of the parents
- Photo ID proof, address proof, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card.
How to apply for the Loan?
Online would be the most preferred mode for applying loans under this SCC scheme. The state government of Bihar has launched a separate online portal and mobile app, where the rightful beneficiaries can apply via those. Here are the steps to follow for applying loans under SCC scheme.
- Students need to open the official URL 7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in or need to download the official mobile application “Yuva Nischay”. Afterwards they are supposed to fill all those basic personal details in respective platform (Web portal or Mobile App) for registration purpose.
- The applicants need to fill the needed details and ensure that they entered the valid cell number and active email ID. So that, OTP (One Time Password) or Verification Link will be sent to respective Mobile number and mail ID’s for verification process.
- After successful entry, students can witness a form where they supposed to fill the required personal details and submit by selecting the option Student Credit Card which can be seen at the last.
- By doing so, students will get new application form where they supposed to provide the required details and click the submit button. So that they will receive a unique identification number to their registered mobile number and email ID’s.
- The PDF version of the submitted application form will be sent to the registered email ID along with other needed documents to be provided at the counter for receiving Student Credit Card.
How to check the Application Status of Bihar SCC Scheme?
In the official portal, students can able to check their application status. All they need to do is to visit the link https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/addapplicationStatus, where they supposed to provide the registration ID or Aadhaar Card number of the applicant along with the Date of Birth Details. Finally, by clearing the captcha verification on the page, students can able view the status of their SCC scheme application.
Sample Application Form of Applying for Bihar SCC Scheme
- The application form of the Bihar SCC scheme has about 8 pages and over 10 sections in which the applicant need to fill the relevant details in the respective columns offered. The application form also includes the self declaration form along with the receipt at the last.
- For those who are need certain reference and sample application, they can visit this link http://22.214.171.124/pdffiles/sevenscheme/Common_Application_Form_scc.pdf and download the sample application form for their references.
- And for the applicants, who are seeking guidelines to fill the Bihar SCC Scheme application forms, visit the link https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/resources/Student_credit_card_guideline.pdf.
By implementing this SCC scheme, the Bihar government has taken pro-active steps to boost the student’s GER ratio on higher studies. And to know more about the scheme and to clear your queries dial the helpline number 1800 3456 444 which has been specially established to assist for Bihar SCC Scheme.
Student Credit Card Scheme – Quick Review
|Beneficiary||Students who have passed 12th successfully|
|Aim||To provide financial assistant to the student|
|Provision||Educational loan up to Rs. 4 lakh|
|Interest||N/A as it will be paid by the state government|
|Time of repayment||Starts after 4 years|
|Courses||CA, Medical, CFA, Management|
|Launched on||2nd October 2016|
|Launched in||Bihar by state government|
Latest update (7/3/2018)
On 07th of March 2018, the Bihar state government has updated the SCC scheme by setting up a separate Educational Finance Corporation (Edu Fin Corp). Here after with the newly formed Edu Fin Corp, the free educational loan for the students will be provided without any intervention of the banking sector.