Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Essay Slogan – BBBP Pan India Expansion by PM Narendra Modi
While addressing a meet on the occasion of International Women’s Day celebration, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had officially announced the Expansion of the BBBP (Beti Bachao Beti Padhao) scheme. As per the recommendations made, the new expansion will be a part covered under the PAN India Expansion. As per the scheme it focuses entirely on women and girl empowerment, improving sex ratio (SRB) and literacy of Girl child. As per the new expansion Prime Minister already stated that the new drive will now be extended to cover over 640 districts within the country.
- The new expansion initiative was officially announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself on 8th March 2018 – International Women’s Day event. The scheme was officially implemented earlier on January 22nd 2015 and was functional in selected states and districts.
- The event for launch of PAN India expansion of the scheme was done while addressing mega event at Rajasthan state – Jhunjhunu District while awarding over ten districts with rewards for their performance in the field of girl child literacy, PNDT / PC enforcement and good governance community engagement.
- At the time of launch of the new expansion scheme the PM also emphasized more on offering with nutritional benefit to pregnant women under the NNM (National Nutritional Mission).
Benefits of BBBP (Beti Bachao Beti Padhao) Scheme
- As per the statements made by PM the new scheme will be functional nation wide irrespective of the discrimination on the basis of the sex. The scheme will focus on educating people for the importance of education for girl child to offer with social equality as compared to male child.
- The scheme will also focus on educating the people of the society about the importance of girl child as pride and honor to the family, nation and community.
- The PM has also urged people to participate in the implementation of the scheme just like a revolution to make it successful nation wide. Till date the new scheme has managed to change the perception of the people towards girl child in the community and improve the sex ratio of girls as compared to boys (900 to 1000).
- Apart from this to help women empowerment the government has made a number of other implementations including Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Women Sarpanch training programs and maternity leave for pregnant women for implementation in 161 districts nation wide.
- Apart from this the government has also established over 200 centers under Sakhi movement to help regulate increasing violence against girls and women, facility for fast track forensic lap reports against rape and accommodations for widows.
BBBP scheme PAN India Expansion
- For effective expansion of the scheme the PM had made a selection of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan state. Under the scheme the government as announced to distribute cycles, scooters and laptops to girl child who are completing their education in state schools.
- Under the initiative the government expects to educate and encourage parents to promote education amongst girl child in the family. The government has also requested the parents to mark the girl child as brand ambassador of the family and to plant a tree at the birth of the girl child in the family.
- The PM has also rewarded BBBP Logo and contest winners and the winners of the NNM Logo contest with prize awards. This has been implemented by the PM along with releasing a photo journal of all successful schemes and initiatives operated at the district level.
- Under the new drive the PM had interacted officially with over 200 girls of the state to address the effective implementation of the scheme in Rajasthan.
Awarded district list
- For effective engagement within community level the PM awarded Hyderabad (Telangana), North Sikkim (Sikkim), Sikar (Rajasthan), Raigarh (Chattisgarh) and Tarantaran (Punjab).
- PNDT and PC enforcement ACT has been awarded to Gujarat state (Ahmedabad) and Haryana State (Sonipat). Districts.
- For promoting and enabling girl child literacy the awarded states and districts were Rajasthan (Jhunjhunu) and Jammu and Kashmir (Udhampur).
As per the stats collected by HMIS (Health Management Information System) there has been an improvement seen in the sex ratio of girl child as compared to 2014-15 (918) while in 2016-17 had increased to 926. The government had stated that the improvement has been on account of participation at the district and state levels. For the year 2017-2020 the government has also set an over all budget of Rs 1132.5 crore for implementation of the scheme.
Guidelines under BBBP scheme and Expansion strategies
The scheme in the initial stage was implemented in selected districts with poor CSR and Girl child average rate. With latest expansion plan the government has announced to increase its area of implementation nation wide under the PAN Indian Expansion plan.
- The government aims at covering addition 244 districts along with 161 already covered districts under Multi Sectoral intervention program. This will be done under DM and DC supervision as government will concentrate of education and health and track attitude changes at community level. It will offer with right level of training for educating girl child along with implementation of PNDT and PC Act.
- The government will cover over 25 districts by offering advocacy and alerts along with concentrating on community engagement and girl reinforcement.
You can log on to the official government website to collect more details related to toll free number and other contact details.