Chandigarh Launches Online RTI Portal – File Right To Imformation(RTI) Online @rtionline.gov.in
The Chandigarh Union Territory has launched its own Right to Information (RTI) portal. Through this portal the citizens will be able to ask any question to any department of the administration of Chandigarh. It will enable transparency and will help the residents find answers to their queries regarding government schemes, etc.
This scheme was launched by the Governor of the Union Territory, Mr. V P Singh Badnore on 6th Dec 2017. With this launch the government has become the first UT in the country to have its own RTI portal.
Salient Features of the portal
- Number of offices: Through this portal, you will have access to 70 public offices present in the UT. To know more about them go to this site – https://rtionline.gov.in/request/allpa.php. This also includes the municipal corporation.
- Access to the site: You can visit the site here – https://rtionline.gov.in/ this is the official RTI portal of Chandigarh UT. It has been divided into many parts.
- Fee: You will be charged a nominal fee for submitting your RTI through this portal. The fee shall be charged once you have generated a request for submission.
- Attached payments gateway: This portal also has tied up with an online payments gateway so that you can make payment for the RTI right up front.
- Status check: On this site you can check the status of your RTI after filing it. There is a separate column for it at the top row.
Procedure to file RTI Online
- Step 1: Go to the top panel where the menu is. You will find “submit request” there – click on that, or simply go here – https://rtionline.gov.in/guidelines.php?request
- Step 2: Now here only the details of the application are written. Read it well and then go to the bottom of the page, tick the box and click on “submit.”
- Step 3: Fill out the details that are given on the page. First of all you have to choose the ministry you want to find the details about. Then go on to enter your name, gender, etc.
- Step 4: After that when you click on submit (at the bottom of the page) you will receive an SMS as well as an email – notifying you that the request has been received.
- Step 5: You will be given a registration number. Enter this detail when you have to access the reply to your query next time.
If you want to see the status of your RTI, then you can again to the “View Status” option from the menu and enter your registration number and email address to proceed.
RTI Application Fee Details
You can pay the amount via credit or debit card or via internet banking. Presently internet banking is available only for SBI and its associate banks. You can use RuPay cards and Master or visa cards for payment too.
This online portal will help people find answers to their queries with ease. It will make the administration more transparent. Also people will no longer have to queue up to find information on any of the government processes. They can obtain so with ease from the comfort of their own home.
Other Schemes –
- Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-Caste Marriages
- Portal for Online Property Registration by Yogi Government in Uttar Pradesh
- Kitchen Yojana in Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana