Direct benefit transfer for fertilizer subsidy in Odisha
The state government of Odisha has announced a direct transfer benefit to be provided to the beneficiaries within the state. The new initiative is termed as direct transfer benefit for beneficiaries. It is a type of fertilizer transfer benefit scheme for beneficiary. The new implementation has been delayed on certain accounts by state government.
Revised launch details
- According to the new sources and statements, the scheme will now be applicable for academic year 2017 only after arrival of New Year (one month later).
- The state government has announced that the new scheme will be implemented by Jan 1st 2018 within the state jurisdiction.
- According to new and latest reports the scheme will now be functional for beneficiaries by Feb 1st
- According to the latest updates from the local government, the scheme will help benefit agricultural department for getting fertilizes at subsidy cost.
- The government has so far identified over 11680 retailers who can benefit under the scheme.
- These retailers will benefit for the sales of fertilizers within the state to local farmers in the form of POC devices to around 6174 retailers within the state.
- The state government will also set up a committee for selling nutrients chemical based to societies that are agricultural based and under regulations of cooperative societies (PACS).
- It will also focus on covering multi-purpose societies covering large areas including (LAMPS).
- At present according to stats only 913 societies are fully equipped with PoS equipments and services.
- With an objective to implement the scheme and PoS services, the state government will try and connect all retailers with the existing system of PoS.
- Each retailer will be provided with PoS devices at their end and each of the farmers linked with PoS device is lined with bank accounts.
- All other retailers who have not yet been supplied with PoS devices will be covered by the state government by February 1st
- It is also important that each of the beneficiaries will have to provide with their Aadhar card details for verification under the scheme.
- It is important that for verification process the biometrics should be verified for each of the registered candidate.
- It is also certain that each of the devices that has been included by the state government has been updated with latest version of the software for effective usage.
- With the new implementation of the new scheme the state government aims at improving the transparency within the fertilizer sector sale.
It is obvious that the government aims at keeping a record of each transaction for sales under fertilizer sector to retailers. It will help in eliminating the misuse of fertilizers.
Other Schemes –
- Slum Re-development Scheme in Maharashtra
- Online Registration Certificate (RC) Transfer Process for Used Cars
- Gopabandhu Gramin Yojana in Odisha
- Biju Shishu Surakshya Yojana in Odisha