Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana (Health Insurance Scheme for Journalists) Odisha Eligibility Criteria Application Form Process Health Card
The Odisha state Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik in his recent announcements, have made statements related to launch of the new scheme termed as “Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana”. As per the statements made, the new scheme is a type of Health insurance scheme that has been introduced to offer benefit to the Journalists of the state of Odisha.
The CM himself had made the official announcement for the implementation of the health insurance scheme. The state government will be bringing the scheme in effective from 2018 June 1st officially state wide. The approval for implementation of the scheme has been officially made by the CMO (Chief Ministers Office).
- Aim – As per the recommendations made, the insurance coverage will be offered directly to the Employed Journalists of the state under the scheme.
- Beneficiary – As per the state government, the scheme will be implemented in stages for effective coverage statewide. In the initial stage, over 3233 journalists within the state will be offered with insurance coverage.
- Insurance coverage – The scheme is designed to offer each beneficiary registered under this scheme with coverage of Rs 2 lakhs. The official amount of coverage under this scheme has been approved by the CMO.
- The statements were also made that the scheme will be offering with health insurance coverage for minimum of 5 members belonging to the Journalists family. This means that they will be able to take full benefit of insurance coverage that is provided under the scheme.
- Health Insurance Cards – To make the process of implementation and coverage more effective, the state governments will also issues each Journalists and beneficiary with Health Insurance Cards.
- The health insurance cards will directly be provided by the DIPRO (District Information and Public Relations Officer). The distribution will be done at the district level directly by the authorities.
The new above mentioned scheme has been introduced by the state government of Odisha, with an aim to offer insurance coverage for the state’s journalists and their family members so they can avail benefit under this scheme to claim for insurance amount.
Other Articles –
- Samagra Educational Portal Kerala
- Annapoorna Milk Yojana in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme
- UDAN Yojana