Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Jammu & Kashmir New Beneficiary list released
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will now be implemented in Jammu & Kashmir. Under the scheme homeless people across the nation will get permanent housing for living. Now, according to the state government of J&K, in urban areas of the state, more than 1.22 Lac beneficiaries will be benefited from the scheme.
Launch Date – List of beneficiaries
The scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched in India in the year 2015 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In Jammu & Kashmir the scheme was announced in 2017 for the first time. In 2018, the list of beneficiaries has been revised again. The state and the district level offices are revising lists of beneficiaries.
Key Features – Highlights
- Aim: The scheme aims to provide 2 Cr houses to the homeless people from all over the country in urban areas. In both rural and urban areas people without homes or temporary homes will get permanent housing under this scheme.
- Phases: PMAY – Urban scheme in Jammu & Kashmir will be implemented in phases. In the first phase total 25 cities and towns will be selected for building houses under the scheme. This was stated by the Housing and Urban Development Ministry of the state.
- Beneficiaries: There are total of 1.22 Lac beneficiaries who will get benefitted from the scheme. These beneficiaries are divided into parts according to the categories. Among these 1.22 Lac people, 76, 648 people are from Led Construction, 24, 523 people are from Credit Linked Subsidy category, 15, 300 people under the Slum Redevelopment and 5,200 people under Affordable Housing category will be benefitted.
- Locations and Approval from government: Four locations such as Anantnag, Baramulla, Kathua and Udhampur have received approval for 6 Affordable Housing Projects under this scheme. There are 132 houses in Anantnag, 83 houses in Baramulla, 124 houses in Kathua and 141 houses in Udhampur have been started building. Total of 480 houses under this scheme have been under construction.
- There are three components in this scheme. First component is Beneficiaries Led Construction. Under this component beneficiaries will get Rs. 1.5 Lac for construction and reconstruction of their house.
- In the second component people who belong to economically backward category will get interest subsidy up to 4%. Their annual income must not exceed Rs. 6 Lac.
- Third and last component is beneficiaries from slum redevelopment. Under this component beneficiaries will receive 1BHK flats from the government if they are living in the areas that are slums, declared by the government.
As per the Housing and urban Development Ministry, all the gram sabhas are directed to prepare list of genuine eligible beneficiaries as soon as possible to implement the scheme properly.
Other Schemes –
- Yamuna Gram scheme
- National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list
- Jammu & Kashmir Schemes and Yojana