Yamuna Gram scheme Yojana to make villages open defecation free under Swachch Bharat abhiyan
With the implementation of the Ganga Gram Scheme the central government has announced to implement similar types of projects that will prove helpful in eliminating the problem of open defecation within various villages nation wide. The new scheme termed as Yamuna Gram scheme is aimed at focusing on the areas next to River banks to make the place defecation free. The new drive will be run under the Swachh Bharat abhiyan.
The new drive for implementation nation wide near Yamuna River Banks has been announced for launch by Uma Bharti Union Ministry – Drinking water. The new drive was an initiative that as taken by the central government with the implementation under the new budget 2018-19 session.
- The central government has already stated that the new drive will be organized as a part of the Swachh Bharat Mission for maintaining hygiene nearby to the areas of Yamuna River Basin.
- As a part of the similar drive already run successfully by the central government under the Ganga Gram Scheme, the scheme will now focus on eliminating the same defecation problem. As per the earlier scheme the government has already managed to clean over 4465 villages on the Ganga river basin from defecation problems.
- With the implementation of the similar drive now the government also aims at maintaining and educating the people from the harmful effects of defecating in open river banks within the village population.
- To a much greater extent the government aims at eliminating the pollution problem from these villages and around areas and making the water clean and defecation free.
- The government now aims at educating and involving the various Gram Panchayats and people of the villages in these areas to participate in the project. The new drive is expected to educate people and make the river water clean for drinking purpose.
With the new implementation the government aims at solving the problem by treating solid waste nearby to the river banks under the waste management program.
Other Schemes –
- Ekushe Annapurna Scheme West Bengal
- Free Education Scheme for girls Karnataka
- Ujala Mitra Yojana in Uttarakhand
- Bharat Darshan IRCTC Booking