Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority MHADA Lottery Result Draw Winner Name list 2018 Application Form Process under PMAY Housing
Finding love is easy in Mumbai than finding your own apartment. The influx of people to the city, for several reasons, has aggravated the housing problems. Very high price of real estate makes it impossible for people from middle or low income groups to purchase their own homes. Thus, the state is all set to organize the next MHADA Lottery 2018. Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority organizes lottery for the common people. The winners of this scheme will be able to attain flats at low rates. The lottery was supposed to take place in May, but was postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority Lottery Scheme or MHADA Lottery
|Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Department
Key features of the scheme
- Offering affordable homes – The main objective of the MHADA for organizing the lottery is to offer good quality residential units or flats to people who don’t have their own permanent dwellings.
- Targeted towards LIG and EWS – Though people from all income groups will be allowed to take part in the lottery, the scheme has been designed mainly for people belonging to low income groups (LIG) and economically weaker sections (EWS). Middle income groups will also be able to try their luck in the lottery.
- Loan for lottery winners – It might not be possible for all lottery winners to pay the price of the flats from their own pockets. So, they will be able to opt for bank loans for acquiring these residential flats.
- Tenure of loan payment – Applicants who take loan under this scheme will have to repay the same, along with the interest before the completion of 25 years.
- Additional subsidy for homebuyers – To make these flats affordable for the common buyers, the authority will offer an additional discount of 2.5 lakhs on the total cost of the residential units.
- Selected location – These flats will be made available to interested candidates in areas like Ghatkopar, Borivli, Mankhurd, Mulund, Vikhroli and Goregaon.
- Price of the residential units – The cost of the residential flats will range between Rs. 15.35 lakhs to Rs. 1.42 crore.
- Payment of stamp duty – Depending on the cost of the unit, home buyers will also have to pay stamp duty.
- Affordability range – Studies show that home buyers will be able to purchase these residential units at 20% to 25% lower prices than what is offered by private real estate developers and constriction companies.
- Number of residential units – This year, around 7000 residential units will be put up for lottery. So, there is a huge opportunity for potential buyer in and around the metropolitan city.
- Registration fee – When applicants will apply for the scheme, they have to pay an online enrollment fee of Rs. 336. This money is non-refundable, even if they don’t get a flat in the lottery.
- Residents of Maharashtra – It has been mentioned in the lottery scheme draft that only those applicants will be able to apply who have stayed in Maharashtra for the last 15 years.
- Low income groups – Mainly people of low income groups, economically weaker sections and middle income groups will be allowed to apply for this residential lottery scheme.
- Must not have a home – Only those applicants will be allowed to apply for this scheme that do not possess a home, offered by MHADA, within the borders of the city.
- Age related criterion – All applicants, desirous of enrolling for this lottery scheme must be 18 years of above. Candidates below 18 years will not be allowed to take submit their applications.
- Determination of income category – There is a specific number of flats for each income group. Every applicant will be classified according to his/her annual income. The loan amount and subsidy percentage will depend on the income category, in which the person falls.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – As there is a residential criterion, applicants must submit such domicile documents, which support the fact that they have been living in the area for last 15 years.
- Age proof – As there is a specific age related criterion, all applicants must furnish legal documents, which highlight that they are indeed above the age of 18 years.
- Aadhar card – Applicants need to possess their Aadhar cards. This document will assist the scrutiny officers in conducting background checks.
- Income certificate – As the flat one gets will depend on his/her annual income, all candidates need to furnish their income certificates.
- LIG or EWS certificate – Those who fall in lower income groups or economically weaker categories have to provide respective certificates to support their claims.
How to get the application form?
As the application procedure is portal based, all interested applicants will have to log on to the official site of the scheme and attain the digitized enrollment form from there. To get to the authorized site, one has to click on the link https://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/.
How to register for the lottery scheme?
- All applicants who are interested in filling and submitting the lottery scheme form will have to log on to the official portal of MHADA.
- When the site opens, each candidate needs to create an account with a user name and password.
- Once that has been done, he/she needs to fill in the registration form with all identification details. Applicants must type in their name, address, father’s name, contact details, gender, income related details and marital status in the enrollment form.
- Once all the details have been filled in, candidates need to type in the scheme code.
- After this, candidates need to submit the application form by clicking on the submit button.
Lottery and publication of list
The state government is making final changes in the online portal that will be used to make all applications. Once it is complete, the online registration process will commence. After that, the state will fix a date when the lottery will take place. After the completion of the lottery, the state authority will publish the list of lucky candidates. All these details will be offered in due time.
The price of real estate is rising on a daily basis. A unique scheme like this will assist common people to acquire their own homes at low rates. It is estimated that the state will increase the number of such flats to curb the menace of slum culture in Mumbai and its suburbs.