Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana (MKVY) Bihar 2018 for Girls Marriage Application Form Online Process, Status
The state govt. of Bihar has launched an important scheme dedicated to all the BPL families living in the state. It has launched the MKVY scheme for those families of Bihar under which the state govt. will provide financial assistance to those families for marriage of their daughters. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of the state, Shri Nitish Kumar has inaugurated this scheme and is expected to benefit thousands of economically backward families living in the state. Not only offering financial help will support the BPL families, but will also help is reducing the social evil of dowry in the state which is a common practice in the present day also. A sum of Rs. 5 thousand will be provided to the beneficiaries to marry off their daughters.
Objective of the MKVY scheme
The scheme is pitched to help the poor and financially weak families of the state at the time of a very important occasion such as daughter’s marriage. Marrying off a daughter in a social event is a costly affair in states like Bihar and puts a good amount of financial burden on the poor families. So the scheme will provide financial assistance of Rs. 5 thousand for marriage of a girl belonging to a BPL family from the state. Another major objective of the MKVY scheme is to minimize the practices of dowry system and child marriage in the society. This financial help at a crucial time will surely ease off the burden of daughters’ marriage up to some extent.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
Below are some of the set eligibility criteria defined by the govt. of Bihar for getting financial help under the MKVY scheme:
- The age of the girl getting married must be above 18 years, which is the minimum legal age of marriage in the country. However, there is no upper age limit mention in the scheme for the girl’s marriage. This restriction is crucial to fight the evil of child marriage in the state.
- With addition to the girl’s age, the age of the groom should also be above 21 years which is minimum legal age criteria for marriage in India.
- The girl must belong to a BPL family possessing valid BPL certificate of Bihar. This means the annual income of the girl’s family should be below Rs. 60 thousand.
- The girl must be a permanent resident of Bihar either from birth or due to education with valid domicile certificate.
- Registration of marriage is mandatory to get the financial assistance from govt. under the scheme.
How to apply for the scheme?
To join the MKVY scheme, the eligible beneficiaries should collect and fill up the scheme application form. This form is available in the block office, panchayat office, etc. at free of cost. There is no online mode of registration to the MKVY scheme. However, beneficiaries may download the form online from the link: http://socialwelfare.icdsbih.gov.in/upload/DownloadForm/DF_133396663285.pdf. The application form should be filled and necessary documents should be attached along with it. There is no registration fee and can be submitted in the same office for necessary verification. After verification by the concerned authorities, the amount of Rs. 5,000 will be provided to the beneficiary via cheque. This can be collected from the panchayat or block office.
Documents required for the Kanya Vivah Yojana
To make registration under the MKVY scheme in Bihar, the BPL families will have to submit some important documents along with the filled in application form which are listed below:
- Proof of age – Document in support of age proof of both the bride as well as groom is mandatory. This may be birth certificate, school certificate, voter ID, Aadhar card, etc.
- Proof of identity – Identity proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, voter card, bank passbook, college identity card, etc can be submitted.
- Domicile certificate – Domicile certificate of the girl who is getting married shall be attached with the application form, which is to be issued by registered authority.
- Marriage related proof – A document which ensures the marriage is to be submitted. This may be the marriage registration certificate or the invitation card of the marriage showing the names of the bride and groom, venue of marriage, date of marriage, etc.
- Income certificate – As the scheme is dedicated only to the BPL families of Bihar, thus the BPL card issued by the state govt. of Bihar is a mandatory document that is to be submitted along with the filled in application form.
- Oath letter denying practice of dowry – The family should produce an oath letter duly signed by the parents of the girl and the groom which states that the marriage is being organized without any practice of dowry.
Scheme implementation by Department of Social Welfare
This department is given the responsibility to administer and implement the MKVY scheme in every block and every district of Bihar. This scheme is dedicated to provide financial aid to the BPL families residing in Bihar so that they could marry off their daughters with honor. The department is also committed to bring down the practices of dowry system, child marriage, etc.
- Mukhyamantri Shramik Ann Sahayta Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Balika Protsahan Yojna in Bihar Form
- Nitish Kumar saat nischay in Bihar