National Power Portal (NPP) – One Platform regarding all Electricity query
The National Power Portal (NPP) a government undertaking has announced the launch of its new web portal service. The new central online platform is considered as dissemination and integration platform that has been introduced by the Power sector. The central government aims at providing and updating people with all queries and information related to power sector.
The new web portal service was launched by the Power Minister Mr. R.K.Singh officially on 14th Nov 2017.The services online has been developed and designed by the NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Features of the Portal
- The central government has already made it very clear that the new portal shall be capturing the relevant data via centralized system regularly and update it as input feeds.
- The feeds shall be updated by the system on annually/monthly and daily basis via distribution, transmission and generation utilities within the country wide.
- The system shall also be providing with complete analysis of the collected data and input feeds in the form of statistics, graphs and reports. This will be performed for distribution, transmission and generation data throughout the country.
- The system has also been designed to provide and generate multiple statutory reports for the purpose of publication.
- All information shall be designed and disseminated via the official portal dash board related to the power sector. It shall be disseminating all information making use of GIS navigation system.
- The dashboard shall also be sharing information in visual chart formats at various levels including feeder, DIS-COM, National, State, Town for distribution, transmission and generation sectors.
- The system shall also be providing with the desired funding to each of the state for performing and generating reports and information.
- The central government has also made it clear that the online dashboard shall be acting as an interface for providing and using any app that has earlier or in later stage be implemented by the power and electricity sector within the country.
- Using the web postal services, people would be able to collect all relevant information that has been updated by the government related to power sector within the country. This information would include ones that have been launched by Merit, Urja, Garv, Tarang, Vidyut Vibhag and Ujala Ministries.
- The CEA (Central Electricity Authority) and the NPP have been integrated as single unit for associated systems, REC (Rural Electricity Corporation), PFC (Power Finance Corporation) and major utilities.
- The web portal shall be performing all major tasks including monitoring, planning and analyzing the information and data for both government and public sector.
- The central government has also announced that the services of the web portal shall be available to be used 24X7. All relevant data and information shall be collected and updated regularly.
- The system shall be making us of a standard format and parameters for exchanging information amongst other systems and NPP.
Web portal Details
- Any one who wishes to access information related to electricity and power sector within the country will be able to access it via online portal at http://npp.gov.in.
- To get logged on to the official web portal you just have to type in the provided link on your web browser at your convenience.
- The moment you log on to the web portal you have the convenience of making the selection from Dashboard, apps, reports, glossary from the top of the page. Anyone who wishes to access information related to electricity and power sector within the country will be able to access it via online portal at http://npp.gov.in.
With the present advancement in technology, the central government aims at linking the power sector to all other related sectors so the process of disseminating data becomes much faster and efficient for government as well as people within the country. This is a major step taken by the government to get this sector connected to Digital India Platform.
Other Schemes –
- Handloom Weavers Loan Waiver Scheme in Telangana
- Haryana Zero Hunger Yojana
- Stand Up India Scheme/ Yojana for New Entrepreneurs
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana