(odishapanchayat.gov.in) Gopabandhu Gramin Yojana in Odisha
The state government of Odisha has taken the initiative of making the amenities infrastructure, in all rural regions, better. To cause expansion of all rural areas in the districts of the state, the implementation of Gopabandhu Gramin Yojana has been brought forward. With the help of this scheme, the rural people will get access to better infrastructure, roads, electricity and associated benefits.
Launch details of the scheme
The official announcement of the program was done during the 2006 – 2007 financial year. The operation will be monitored as per the guidelines of the Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry of the state. The announcement was made by the Chief Minister of the state, Naveen Patnaik.
Key features of the scheme
- Development of rural infrastructure – The main objective of the state government is to provide empowerment and betterment to the rural people by developing the overall infrastructure of the areas.
- Funding by the state – The government has targeted towards the development of the villages in all the districts and the funds will be dispatched according to the need of the projects, which are to be undertaken in that particular area.
- Developing basic facilities – A per the guidelines of the scheme, the state authority will assist the respective districts with money so that they can develop the roads in the area. Apart from this, care will be taken to meet the requirements of electricity and clean drinking water in each village.
- Improving the connectivity of villages – When the program is implemented, the financial assistance will be used for bettering the roads, not only around and outside the villages but also inside the specific rural area.
- Projects for meeting area specific needs – The needs of people, living in one area will not be similar to the needs of people in another village. Thus, a set model cannot be implemented. Each village will be catered to according to its requirements. Thus, each area will have distinct developmental projects.
District under the scheme
Earlier it was announced that the implementation of the scheme will take place in only ten districts. Once they generate satisfactory results, it will be spread to other areas as well. Thus, in the first phase, the districts of Balasore, Angul, Cuttack, Bhadrak, Jagatsinghpur, Jaipur, Khurda, Kendrapara, Puri and Nayagarh were enlisted. Then the state government took the decision of bring the rest of the 20 districts under the scheme as well. The details of these districts will be available in the official webpage of the state government.
Eligibility criteria/ Condition of the scheme
As the scheme is for the entire state and targets the individual districts for their overall development, there are no eligibility criteria as such. But the money that will be dispatched for undertaking the projects in each district will depend on the population ration of the particular area.
- If the overall population of a village is lower than 500 individuals, then the state authority will dispatch an amount of Rs. 2 lakhs for each candidate. Accordingly the developments will be designed and carried out.
- In case the total number of people, living in a particular area ranges between 500 to 1000, then the total amount dispatched by the state authority will be Rs 3 lakhs for each person.
- For the villages, which have a population that amounts to over 1000, then the total amount of money dispatched for the development projects will be Rs 5 lakhs per person.
Contact details of the scheme
To understand the scheme and its benefits better, one can acquire the information from the official state website. The link of the website is http://odishapanchayat.gov.in/ . Any interested candidate can also acquire the details by getting in touch with the Commissioner-cum-Secretary of the state government. One can also send an e-mail to the ID email@example.com. When implemented, it will assist the state and the associated departments in improving not only the living standards of individuals living in the villages but will bring about overall expansion.
With access to the basic facilities and amenities, they will be able to strive for a better economic and social establishment.
Other Schemes –
- Nirbhaya Scheme Kerala
- Mukhyamantri Gyan Protsahan Schoolscholarship Yojana in Chhattisgarh
- Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana in Goa
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana