Apply in Gujarat Higher Education Reward Scheme (उच्च शिक्षा पुरुस्कार योजना गुजरात) – Application Process
The development of the state and its people depends on the expansion of the infrastructure. If the younger generation gets access to proper academics today, they will be able to secure a better tomorrow for the entire region. But lack of money can put a stopper to the dreams of these deserving candidates. To assist candidates who have proved their mettle will be given monetary assistance from the coffers of the Gujarat government.
Launch details of the scheme
The state government of Gujarat made the official announcement of the program during September 2017. The declaration was made by the head of the Labour and Employment Department. The scheme has received the green signal from the CM of Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani. As the program has been launched in the recent months, the state will soon start work of its implementation. The webpage that has been dedicated to the scheme is https://glwb.gujarat.gov.in/welfare-schemes.htm.
Key features of the scheme
- Empowering the needy students – The state authority wants to give the younger generation a chance of empowerment. The official operation of the program will aid the candidates in their journey towards acquiring higher education.
- Monetary grant for pursuing higher education – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that only the candidates who have successfully cracked the entrance exams and are opting for MBBS, CA, CS, Engineering or any such course, will be entitled to get the scholarship.
- Amount of scholarship – All the selected candidates will get a grant that can range from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000, depending on the course that the candidate is pursuing.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Domicile related criteria – The welfare scheme has been developed for the assistance of the students who are living and studying within the state only. Thus, the legal residents of the state will have access to the program.
- Academic criteria – With the help of the scheme, the state will provide financial assistance to the candidates who have the desire to get higher education. MBBS, CA, CS or engineering aspirants can apply under the program.
- Marks related criteria – It is highlighted that all candidates, opting for these courses will not get the monetary grants. Only those who have succeeded in making the cut equal to or above 70% will get the permission to apply for the scholarship.
- Income status of the family – It is an attempt by the state authority to elevate the status of the children who belong to poor class. If the parents of these candidates are associated with any unorganized sector, then their application will be given preference.
Important documents required for application
- Residential proof – The welfare scheme will only be implied in the state and the candidates who wish to get the financial grant must be legal residents of Gujarat. Any legal document, proving the residential claims must be attached.
- Identity proof of the candidate – The application form must also have the documents attached to it that will be able to verify the personal details of the candidate. The Voter card, PAN, ration card or the Aadhar card will suffice.
- Aadhar card – Another document that the candidate will have to provide for verification with the registration application is the Aadhar card for keeping track of the candidates; application and current status.
- PAN card – The attachment of a photocopy of the PAN card of the candidate is also a must.
- Family income certificate – As the scheme will only provide the grant to those candidates who belong to poor sections, it is mandatory that the applicants to submit a certificate that will highlight the annual income of the family.
- Academic credentials – As the grant will be given to the candidates who have the interest in continuing their further studies, all academic certificates and the result of the entrance exams must be attached with the form.
- Passport snaps of the candidate – There is a place that is meant for the snap of the candidate. Thus, it is mandatory that the candidate keeps passport sized snaps handy.
How to get the application form?
Each interested students who has succeeded in fulfilling all eligibility criteria will have to fill and submit an application form. The entire process is kept offline but there are two avenues for acquiring the form. The form can be downloaded by clicking on the link https://glwb.gujarat.gov.in/images/glwb/pdf/higher-education-reward-scheme.pdf. The other way is to manually collect the application paper from the office of Labor Welfare Board of Gujarat. The office is located at Sakhu Ramnagar in Ahmedabad.
How to apply for the scheme?
- When the candidate is sure about the fact that he or she is eligible as per the norms of the scheme, they can click on the official portal or collect the form from the Labor Welfare Board office.
- Once the form has been collected or downloaded, the candidate needs to read it and them fill in the details. If one desires to enhance the chances of getting the grant, then mistakes must not be made while filling it up.
- Once the form has been filled up, check the details and then attach the required legal papers with the official application form.
- After doing the needful, the candidate must head towards the office of the Labor Welfare Board of Gujarat and reach the officers. There, the forms must be submitted.
- The respective verification officers will check the application forms, along with the attached documents. Then the list of beneficiaries will be prepared.
Contact details of the scheme
All required information about the educational welfare program is available on the authorized website. To reach the portal, one has to click on the link https://goo.gl/5tjxBL. In case the candidate is not well accustomed with the internet or does not have access to internet, a visit to the department of Labor Welfare Board in Gujarat will suffice. The address of the department is:
Workers Kalyan Bhavan,
Govt. G Colony,
Sakhu Ramnagar Water Tank,
The scheme will allow the authority to lessen the burden of finances from the shoulders of the deserving candidates. With the grant in their pocket, the students can concentrate on their studies and get closer to their dream of acquiring the higher degree. It will pave the path that will lead the state towards increasing the literacy rate as well.
Other Scheme –
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
- Rajiv Gandhi Digital Laptop Yojana HP
- Andhra Pradesh Family Health Insurance Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana