PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana is a scheme for the pregnant women who are suffering from several diseases. The honorable Prime Minister of India launched this scheme on June 9, 2016. Pregnant women suffer from different diseases such as blood pressure, high sugar and hormonal diseases. This scheme will be provided to the sick pregnant women so that they will be able to get medical checkup free of cost.
Key Features of PM Surakshit MatritvaYojana
- This scheme is only for the pregnant women and the checkup of the pregnant women will take place on the 9th day of every month.
- This scheme will provide medical checkup. These medical checkups will be free of cost and all the medical centers, private clinics, hospitals and government health centers are obliged to provide the medical checkup facilities to the pregnant women free of cost under this scheme.
- The health problems of each women will be identified differently and each problem will be treated with utmost care. Tests will be done to ensure the patient is safe.
- This scheme will also provide health care facilities for the unborn baby and advises will be given to the parents about the health condition of the unborn baby.
Objective of PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
- This scheme aims to provide a pregnant women a healthy life and to grow consciousness about the diseases of a pregnant woman all through the country.
- This scheme aims to provide a safe delivery condition for the baby. For this, the scheme is envisioning to lower the maternity mortality rate
- This scheme aims to make the pregnant women aware about the health care facilities and upbringing conditions of her children. A pregnant woman will be helped thoroughly by this scheme.
- This scheme aims that it will provide free of cost health care facilities to the pregnant women of the lower income group of the society.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
- A pregnant women sis eligible for this scheme only and she can only get benefitted from this scheme if she is in the middle stages of her pregnancy.
- A pregnant women will only be eligible to get benefitted from this noble scheme if she is pregnant for 3 months to 6 months.
- The women from urban areas are not eligible for this scheme but the women from Semi Urban and Rural areas will be eligible to get the services of this scheme.
Appeal by Government for PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
The Indian Government has occupied all the private and non-private health care centers to provide health care facilities across the nation on the 9th day of every month to the pregnant women free of cost under PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana.
Responsibilities of a Doctor under PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
- A doctor has to provide proper medical attention to a patient and he will be responsible to provide medical attention and checkup to a patient free of cost.
- A doctor is responsible for addressing any certain disease of a patient and he has to identify the diseases of each patient individually and he will have to inform them about their disease.
- A doctor has to provide stickers to the patients for further detection of their disease and he will be obliged to provide correct stickers to the patients by understanding their disease.
- A doctor will have to treat each and every pregnant woman with love and care and he will need to inform the pregnant women about their unborn child and how to care them.
Details of different types of stickers under PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
Different types of stickers is given to the pregnant women so that the doctors can identify the diseases of each women individually. Below is a table about the types of stickers and the diseases of a patient under that type of sticker.
|High Blood Pressure
Benefits of PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana
- No pregnant women will have to suffer from serious diseases as regular checkup will be done and the maternity mortality rate will get lower eventually.
- Pregnant women and also mass people will be conscious of several serious diseases faced by a pregnant women.
- The pregnant women from backward areas and rural areas have no knowledge whatsoever about the diseases of a pregnant women. This scheme will help them by providing knowledge about the diseases.
- The sticker process under this scheme will benefit both the patients and the doctors as the doctors will be able to understand the problems of each patient individually.
- This scheme is free of cost and thus it will be very helpful for the pregnant women of Semi urban and rural area.
Usually it is seen that a lot of women die in the stage of pregnancy due to sickness. This scheme ensures regular checkup and health care for the pregnant women which will ensure a low maternity mortality rate. This scheme will not only provide health facilities for the pregnant women but also for the unborn baby.