Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana
After massive response of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, the central government had started the Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana in the year 2000 under the NDA government. The scheme was initiated to concentrate on the development of the transportation of the rural and remote rural areas. There are some of the areas where no conveyance is available for the people. The scheme PMGPY has launched to focus on those areas so that people can easily avail the vehicles whenever they need to travel from one place to another.
|PMGPY Key Points
|Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana
|Under supervision of
|Shree Atal Bihari Vajpayee
|Recently Conducted by
|Shree Nitin Gadkari
|Union Transport Ministry
|To provide transportation system in rural and remote rural areas
|Initiated in (Area)
|The project has already done well in some hilly rural areas in the north eastern part of the country.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana Main Features
- The scheme is to develop the transportation facility in all the rural and remote rural areas. The scheme will start covering the eastern and north eastern states. Starting from Chhattisgarh the project will cover more or less the entire north eastern states (probably 20 states) at the first phase.
- The scheme will provide nearly 80, 000 vehicles to the rural and remote rural areas. The vehicles will be available in the rural areas so that people can avail them to travel easily from one corner to another.
- The employees who will be handled these vehicles will be from BPL families, women self help groups and some other backward people. These yojana will open up a large opportunity for rural employment as well.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana
The main objective of the scheme is to provide a decent way to travel from rural and remote rural areas to other corners of the states. There are still some areas where people are unable to find a conveyance for their travel. They have to walk down miles after miles to take a rare vehicle to reach their work place or something. The scheme will be beneficial for those people who have to travel a lot.
Another objective of the scheme is to generate rural employment. With launching 80000 vehicles in those areas will generate at least 80000 employment opportunities. Women self help groups, people living under BPL and other backward class people will get the opportunity to work as drivers under the scheme.
Facility and Benefits under Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana
- Under the scheme people living in the remote rural areas will get the opportunity to travel from one place to another. Many people have to walk down at least 5-6 km to get a vehicle to travel. After this scheme rural people, especially children and women will easily go anywhere they want.
- As mentioned that the scheme will bring about employment opportunity for many. People who are living under the poverty line, remote areas and also women who don’t get much exposure to survive will now get jobs under this scheme. There will be 80000 vehicles launched under this scheme.
- After the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana now this PMGPY will bring about the opportunity for develop the remote places as well where many of the facilities can’t be reached due to lack of roads and transportation.
The scheme was launched in the year 2000 under the supervision of Shree Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Union Transport Minister Shree Nitin Gadkari has conducted the scheme with support of the NDA government (Central). The scheme has already started working in Maharashtra and will be covered the other areas soon.