(kviconline.gov.in) Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) 2018
As per the latest updates from the central Government, it has announced to extend the continuation of the PMEGP (Prime Minister Employment Generation Program). The government has announced to offer an extension till 2019-20 Fiscal Year. The sources have also confirmed that the approval was presided by the PM Narendra Modi. Under the extension scheme the government aims at generating employment to help 15 lakh people get jobs. The government has also sanctioned a set budget of Rs 5500 crore that will be invested under this extension scheme.
As per the statements from the sources, the new scheme for implementation was passed by the central government. The government has also announced to launch the scheme online via official web portal at kviconlin.gov.in which is official PMEGP web site.
Extension plan details
- As per the approval by the Cabinet committee the new extension of the scheme will be done of the period 2017-18 and 2019-20 under the 12th The implementation of the scheme will be solely supervised by KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission).
- The KVIC will monitor the implementation at the National level while KVIB (Khadi and Village Industries Boards) will monitor the scheme at the state and district level along with DIC (District Industry Centers).
- The candidates who are interested may easily fill in the application forms online over the web portal at PMEGP for 2018.
PMEGP – Application Form
- Candidates who wish to apply online for application will have to log on to the official website at kviconline.gov.in or at my.msme.gov.in. https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/pmegphome/index.jsp From the main page they have to make the selection of PMEGP option.
- On the following page the candidates will be displayed to application form where the applicants are expected to fill in all possible details. Once all details have been filled in by the applicants they just have to make the submission by selecting submit option.
- This is important to complete with the registration process under the scheme. Once registered you will be able to log in using your log in ID credentials. You have to provide with detailed information related to personal details and other relevant information on the form.
The authorities have stated that the applications will be processed online for applicants.
- As per the government statements the parameters will be fixed by the government related to backwardness at the state level, total number of unemployment and time for providing employment and overall population within Union territory and state.
- Apart from this the government twill also set its parameters on availability of raw materials and skill level. The government also provides a minimum of 75 project for each district wise under PMEGP for growth. Under this program the government will offer OBC, ST/SC, PD, NER and Women applicants with subsidy amount of 25 to 35 percent.
- The government has provided with online facility for funding and application including bank transactions, sanctions and application process under PMEGP loan along with TDR for applicants.
Improvements / Modifications under PMEGP
- As per the CCEA for 2018 it has agreed to offer a loan amount of Rs 1 crore as extension for better and existing PMEGP with a subsidy of 15 percent. Apart from this the government will also merge PMEGP with CUY (Coir Udyami Yojana).
- The government shall also introduce evaluation and monitoring and integration of PAN and Aadhar Card. The government will also Geo tag all of the existing PMEGP units.
- The government has approved Activities linked with non-farming and farming including Restaurants, Dhaba and Hotels (Veg / Non-Veg) under PMEGP. The government will also offer a ratio of 40:30:30 to DIC, KVIB and KVIC.
- The government has fixed 40 percent as working capital for working units (manufacturing). While within the trading and service sector a 60 percent capital has been fixed by the government.
Details – PMEGP
The program is a type of credit linked subsidy for MSME (Micro, medium and small) scale units. It has been functional from 2008 and 2009. It is designed to generate employment within various selected sectors including non-farm, farm and micro sectors.
The program is developed with an aim to help generate employment for unemployed people within the rural areas and urban areas. A subsidy has already been offered by Central government for Rs 9564.02 crore. It has offered assistance to 4.55 lakh units under Micro sector. Till date it has managed to offer employment to 37.98 lakhs individuals by 2018 January 31st.