Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Punjab No tax for beneficiaries under Housing for all scheme
As the central government run by Mr. Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, by which poor families across the nation receives affordable homes with low interested rated home loans from nationalized banks. Many states willing to implement this scheme in their state to offer affordable houses for the people of the state from EWS and LIG section, recently the state of Punjab has been selected to implement the PM’s Awas Yojana.
Latest update –
Modi government has started Housing for All Scheme. Recently the state government of Punjab has stated that beneficiaries under this scheme would be exempted from any kind of tax on houses. Navjot Singh Sidhu, Local Body Minster, Punjab has said that beneficiaries under this scheme would get more benefits along with tax benefit.
- The new scheme to be implemented in the state was launched by Capt. Amarinder Singh – Chief Minister of the state and his cabinet government.
- The sate government had launched the scheme to be effective from August 2017 within the state of Punjab.
- The SLSMC – State level Sanctioning and Management Committee will be responsible for authorizing the proper implementation of the scheme in the state.
- The state development authorities and urban bodies for housing will be responsible for implementation within each of the jurisdiction in the state.
Key Features of the scheme
- It is certain that the new housing scheme launched by the state government is aimed at offering housing facilities for the people belonging to poor families who are not able to afford purchasing homes.
- Under the new scheme the state government has announced to provide with free housing facilities to the poor people in Punjab living in the urban areas.
- With the implementation of the new scheme it is certain that the state government aims at targeting over 50 percent of the state’s population for affordable housing scheme.
- With proper monitoring and implementation of the scheme it is certain that the state government of Punjab aims at offering help to the deserving candidate only for taking full benefit under the scheme.
- Under the scheme it is certain that the state government shall be providing deserving candidates with easy loan facility for reduced rate of interest for low income grouped people.
- It is also certain that the new scheme will offer candidates with a number of exemptions from the state government.
- Tax benefit: As mentioned, any of the beneficiaries under this scheme would be exempted from tax on housing. That is people who will get houses/flats under this scheme need not to pay any property tax.
- Subsidy: Beneficiaries who belong to low income group living in urban areas will get Rs. 1.50 Lac subsidy under this scheme to buy home at affordable prices.
- Free Houses: People, who are living in slums area or belong to SC category or OBC category, will get houses at free of cost. The state will pay on behalf of them.
Phase 1 and 2 under the scheme
It is certain that for proper implementation of the state within the state the government has decided to launch the scheme in two distinct phases.
- First Phase – In the 1st phase it is certain that the state government will make a selection of people who have an annually income below Rs 3 lakh to be given free houses under the scheme.
- Second Phase – The state government will launch the 2nd phase of the scheme to give away houses for people who have an annual income below Rs 5 lakh.
Charges under the scheme
- It is certain people having income below Rs 6 lakh annually inclucing MIG group will only have to pay for low interest rate as set by the state government.
- If the candidate is eligible (income below Rs 3 lakh annual), under the scheme then it is certain that he or she may be exempted from paying service charges for stamp duty, cess tax, registration charges and infrastructure funds.
PM’s Awas Yojana in Punjab State
With the mission of completing scheme by 2022, around 4100 cities across the nation have been selected under this PMAY. The state of Punjab too selected under this PMAY, for this housing scheme, around 163 cities has been selected to offer affordable houses.
|List of cities selected from the state of Punjab for PM’s Awas Yojana||Sunam Udham Singh Wala||Bhadson||Jandiala||Payal|
|Talwara||Bhagta Bhai KA||Kapurthala||Phagwara|
|Nihal Singh Wala||Bhiki||Khamanon||Qadian|
|Mandi Kalan||Chamkaur Sahib||Kota Fatta||Raman|
|Lehra Mohabbat||Dera Baba Nanak||Lehragaga||Rayya|
|Lalru||Dera Bassi||Lohian Khass||Rupnagar|
|Kotha Guru||Dhanuala||Longowal||S.A.S. Nagar|
|Koth Ise Khan||Dhariwal||Machhiwara||Samana|
|Ajnala||Fazika||Maur||Sirhind Ftehgarh Sahib|
|Anandpur Sahib||Ghagga||Mudki||Talwandi Bhai|
|Bdhani Kalan||Ghanaur||Mukerian||Talwandi Sabo|
|Bareta||Guru Har Sahi||Nangal||Zira|
|Bassi Pathana||Hoshiarpur||Nurmahal||Arniwala Sheksubhan|
Who are eligible to receive affordable houses under this scheme in Punjab?
- To be eligible under the scheme it is certain that the candidate must have an annual income that is below Rs 6 lakh annually.
- It is also certain that the candidate has to be of legal age (18 years or above) to get registered under the scheme.
- To get the full benefit of the scheme it is certain that the applicant has to belong to the BC or SC group of the people.
- The scheme is only valid for the residents of Punjab so it is certain that the applicant should be the resident by birth.
- The applicant has to provide with their caste certificate issued by the state government authorities to prove their legal caste.
- The applicant may also have to provide with their family income proof which includes their salary certificate or letter from the organization mentioning their annual salary.
Targeted Beneficiaries under the scheme
The state government of Punjab has already made it very clear that the benefit of the new scheme will not be provided to any candidate who is not a deserving candidate. Following are the beneficiaries under the scheme as targeted by the government.
- People belonging to LIG (Low income group) who have annual income below Rs 3 lakh annually will be included for benefit under the scheme.
- People belonging to backward community within the state will also be offered with benefit under the new scheme.
- Poor people belonging to SC group in the community are eligible who have income less than Rs 5 lakh annual.
- People belonging to MIG group, who have an income below Rs 18 lakh will not be provided with free housing but will be provided with cheaper housing loan at reduced interest rate.
By the end of the month of March the beneficiaries’ list will be finalised, as per the state government. The Urban Local Bodies will be responsible for finalising the list. As of now 4.73 Lac applicants have sent their application. The verification process is going on.
The main agenda of the Punjab government is not to leave any urban person homeless by 2022. The state would provide all sort of assistance to make it possible, said by the Minister Sidhu. As of now demand for Rs. 38 Cr has been sent to central for 56 cities by the Punjab government.