Apply Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana Registration | Free Voice Calls and Data
The Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana is a scheme that has been introduced by the Goa government recently, targeting the youth of the state. The ruling party in Goa, led by Laxmikant Parekar, has launched this scheme in order to benefit the youth and so that they are attracted to the party for the upcoming poll assembly elections.
|Things need to Know about Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana (GYGY)
|Number of Youths in the state to get free mobile connections
|Around 1.25 Lakh
|Free Calling limits provided under this GYSY Scheme
|Around 100 Minutes
|This GYSY scheme will continue for how many years
|It’s there any age limit for youths to utilize this GYGY scheme
|Youths must be below 30 Years
|The telecom operator who tie up with state government for implementing this GYGY scheme in Goa
Detailed features of the scheme
- Under this scheme the young residents of Goa will be given free SIM cards along with 100 minutes of free calling and 3GB internet for free as well. But this scheme can be availed by the residents of Goa only.
- The state government of Goa aims at providing the free SIM cards to around 1.25 youths of the country. The SIM that will be distributed will be of Vodafone and the scheme will be implemented by the Goa Electronic Ltd.
- The duration of this scheme is 3 years. So the scheme will be active for the coming three years from now. The government of Goa will also be launching an exclusive web portal for this scheme that that the beneficiaries can get all the details about the scheme under one platform.
- The Vodafone SIM card that will be given under this scheme will have lifetime validity. In order to apply for the SIM cards under this scheme the applicant has to provide a copy of their Voter ID card or Aadhaar card along with a passport sized photograph.
- Many other states have launched similar scheme where the state government is distributing smartphones to the youth. But the Goa government has come up with a unique plan of distributing free SIM with free calls and Internet.
Eligibility criteria for this scheme
- It has been clearly mentioned that this scheme can be availed by the people who have been residents of Goa for the past 5 or more years. Others are not eligible or the scheme.
- Another important factor is of the age. The SIM cards will be provided to the residents of the state who fall under the age group of 16 to 30 years. Now it has also been announced that the SIM cards would automatically get deactivated once the beneficiary turns 30 years of age.
- The SIM cards would be deactivated in case if the beneficiary is known to be misusing the SIM card number or internet. Apart from this deactivation is possible with the request of the beneficiary himself or herself.
How to apply for SIM under this scheme
- The registration process will take place in the Vodafone offices only as the SIM cards will also be of Vodafone. You need to carry your Aadhaar card or voter card copy and a copy of your address proof. Along with this you need to carry a passport size photograph.
- In the Vodafone office you will have to fill a customer application form and submit it along with the documents mentioned above. Once this is done you will be provided with the SIM card which will be activated within maximum 2 days.