Rajasthan Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme (Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana) (Fasali Rin Maafi Yojana) List, Application Form Status Eligibility Criteria Camp (फसली ऋण माफी योजना राजस्थान)
After Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra, now Rajasthan has declared about the loan waiver scheme for the farmers of the state recently. The state government of Rajasthan was struggling with the long 13-days protests of farmers till they have announced about the loan waiving up to Rs. 50, 000/- for the farmers recently.
It was Uttar Pradesh then Maharashtra, two of BJP-led states that started farmers’ loan waiver scheme, now Rajasthan, another BJP-led state has announced about the loan waiver scheme in the state. On 14 Sep 17, Wednesday the state authority has declared about the scheme after continuous farmers’ protest across the state. The scheme will be led and supervised by the state authority of agriculture.
The protest was running since first week of September and ended on 14 Sep late night when two of the parties came to a common agreement of waiving farm loans up to Rs. 50, 000/- for each farmer.
Loan Waiver Scheme
- Objective: The scheme was started for the benefits of the farmers in the state. After the unending protest by the farmers the state has taken this decision to waive loan amount on crops.The scheme is aimed to give benefits to the farmers in buying crops, harvesting and other farm related activities. Also by reducing the burden of crop loans farmers will get more opportunity to recover from natural calamities and crop destruction.
- Loan Amount: The loan amount as mentioned Rs. 50, 000/- per farmer will be waived off. The scheme will be applicable in crop loans. Apart from loan waive 4 of the crops will get Rs. 200/- cost benefit on them. The crops are groundnut, urad, saybean and moong.
- Other facility: Besides the loan waives and crop benefit, the state authority has also agreed to increase the Minimum Support Price for the crops. The MSP increase has not declared officially but it was issued in the agreement.
- Pension: Also the CPM-led farmers’ group has claimed to give away Rs. 2000/- as kisan pension for the senior citizens of the state. That is farmers who are aged more than 60 years should get Rs. 2000/- as pension.
- Small and marginal farmers can apply for the waiver scheme.
- Only states’ farmers would be beneficiars.
- Farmers who have taken debt before 30 Sep 2017 would be eligible in the loan waiver scheme.
Application process –
There is no such information about how to apply for the scheme. It was assumed that the registration process will start soon through the official website of the state government of Rajasthan.
It was said by the government that Rs. 80,000 Cr cost burden will be levied on the state government to implement the scheme. Compare to Uttar Pradesh where the cost burden is said to be Rs. 36,000 Cr and Maharashtra where the cost burden is Rs. 34, 000 Cr respectively, the Rajasthan government seems to have lower cost burden due to the scheme.
Apart from UP and Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka has also started the loan waiver scheme in their respective states before Rajasthan. The main agenda of starting up such scheme in all states is to give facilities to the backbone of the economy that is farmers. Hence they will be capable of getting more produce in future and better standard of living.
Fasali Rin Maafi Yojana Shivir Camp
The state government of Bangladesh has announced to organize the Loan forgiveness camps for local state farmers. The camp will be organized in the Shrigaganesh District of Pilbanga Tehsil, Dulmana village at the village co-operative society on 2nd June 2018. The government will organize camps for assisting farmers who are holding Rs 50,000 amount as crop loan. In this camp the government will offer 622 defaulting farmers with forgery certificate against availing crop loan. To avail forgiveness under crop loan the farmers will have to provide with their Bhamashah card and Aadhar card details. Later on the government will also organize a second camp within village panchayat level at Khothanwali in the tehsil. The government aims at organizing more number of such loan waiver camps for over 71 selected committees.
Other schemes –
- Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Shetkari Sanman Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana