Saubhagya Scheme (Saubhagya Yojana)Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bjili har ghar yojana – Free Electricity connection to BPL category, App details, Registration Process @saubhagya.gov.in
Pradhan Mantri Shree Narendra Modi is leaving no stone unturned to make things better for the poor people in the nation. For last 3 years central government was taking care of electricity across the rural areas of the nation. The Pradhan mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana is one of the initiatives taken in favour of the same. Under this scheme every house in rural areas will get electricity 24/7. Last date 31 Dec 2018.
The scheme was announced a little earlier. Officially it is launched today on 25 Sep 17. PM Modi has launched the Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Scheme on the occasion of inauguration function of Deen Dayal Urja Bhawan in Delhi. Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, Saubhagya has been announced by the PM himself.
Scheme Details – Features
- Facilitating Rural Needs: The scheme will focus on the rural areas only. Villages where no electricity has reached yet will be covered under this scheme. It will be helpful to cover all the needs of the rural areas.
- Revised rules for power consumption: Rules for power consumption will be stricter under this scheme. As per the PM new rules and guidelines will be made and implemented to save more energy.
- Clean Electricity: Thermal power production will be focussed here under this scheme. PM said the power production will be maintained and balanced that will depict clean electricity generation.
- Solar and Wind Power Generation: The central government is planning to cover a large part of the nation by providing solar and wind power. This will lower down the price of the power consumption so it will not turn out to be NPA or non performing assets.
- Power Bid: The bidding will be starting from 20,000MW for both wind and the solar power generation sector. The bidding process will start from December 2017. All the mandatory processes should be done by the time.
- Pre-Paid model: There will be a pre-paid model for the scheme. That means people will have to pay the price for the electricity prior to use. They can pay as per their monthly requirement.
- According to the PM’s speech the total budget is set for this scheme is Rs. 16, 000 Cr (approx.). There will not only be connection for the electricity but also the central government will provide subsidy in related product price.
- Precisely the total cost for the scheme is recorded as Rs. 16, 320 Cr. In this entire amount Rs. 2295 Cr has been set for the urban electricity lines and Rs. 14, 025 Cr will be allocated for the rural electricity development.
- There will be three parts of financing the project. The main part will be covered by the central government (60% of the total budget), 10% of the scheme budget will be borne by the states and the remaining 30% will be financed by loans and advances.
- The scheme is launched for the villagers and people living in remote rural areas. Most of them don’t have any access to electricity as there is no connection in their homes. Backward areas where no technological advancement and such are available will also be considered under this scheme.
- Households will be selected as per the social-economic census date 2011. As per the data, poor people who are belonging to APL as well as BPL will get the benefit of the scheme.
- Though there is no official statement for the eligibility has been published but people who belong to BPL category that is below the poverty line might get preference under this scheme.
- 24/7 electricity: Villagers who don’t have electricity or get less electricity at home will now get round the clock electricity at home.
- Subsidy: To start the connection whatever products they need such as meter, wire, transformer and so on will be available at subsidised price. They don’t need to spend a lot to install the meter or transformers.
- Digital India: This scheme will encourage digital India in rural areas. Once the villagers get electricity it will be easier for many people to get digital devices. This will make them aware of the market related news and other important information.
- APL – BPL Facilities: People who belong to APL category will have to spend Rs. 500/- in 10 EMIs for the connection. On the other people belong to BPL category will get the connection for free.
As per the reports for last three years development in power sectors is carrying on by the central government to provide better life to the poor people. As the 1000-days’ project says, there will be 18, 000 villages that will get electricity within 100 days. However before reaching the half of the deadline, already more than 10,000 villages got electricity connections across India.
Looking at this progress the central government is hoping to provide electricity in all the villages by the end of 2019 in the nation. The budget is set for the time until 2019.
Implementation process –
This scheme will be implemented state-wise. There will be programs and committees that will be established to take initiatives to install transformers in various places within districts and zones. The state government will be responsible for implementing the scheme in grass root level.
The scheme is launched today, however it is said that it will take another couple of months to start implementing the scheme in grass root level. Hence from December this year the scheme is expected to start off.
How to Download Saubhagya App –
The Indian Government has launched Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojan under PM Narendra Modi’s leadership. The yojana focuses on providing uninterrupted power supply for rural residences. The government has also launched Saubhagya App to ease the process of registration under the scheme.
- Any applicant is free to download the mobile app for convenient registration under this scheme from their mobile phones.
- Applicants just need to visit the Google Play store. On the search bar type Saubhagya app and then you just need to click the download option.
- Ones download is completed then you just have to run it for installing it on your gadgets.
Key features of Saubhagya app
- As the application can be used from your mobiles so it completely eliminates the need of paperwork processing.
- Once you have registered for the scheme the process of verification will be done on your mobile devices itself.
- You can place your queries and collect all details the moment they are uploaded as notifications.
- It will help maintain transparency between the government and citizens of the country in the form of schemes and policies.
- Al electricity bill information can easily be collected by anyone on their mobile phones when generated.
- Notifications and alerts will be sent to all applicants regularly on their mobile phones itself.
- Each applicant under the scheme will also receive solar powered battery bank, electric fan and LED bulbs along with 5 year maintenance.
With the launch on the app the central government has taken an initiative of linking rural areas with technology along with having access to uninterrupted power supply.
Uttar Pradesh Corporation Limited (UPCCL) is ready to fulfill the goal of connecting and installing 100 million electric meters under Saubhagya scheme, so that every household, may it be a rural or urban, will be able to get electricity for all. The basic purpose of “Prime Minister Sahaj bijli har ghar yojna” is to provide electricity to every household in the country. Its aim is to reduce line deficit and reduce power cut risk. The government has set a total expenditure of Rs 1375 crore for this scheme. UPPCL has installed prepaid meters, to recharge these prepaid meters facilities will be provided. A minimum of Rs. 50 will be charged. In order to make this service available, identity card such as Aadhar card, Voter card, etc. will be required. This feature will help in reducing corruption because it will not have any manual element for meter reading, billing and bill reconstruction.
Other Schemes –
- Medhavi Chhatra Protsahan Yojana in MP
- Vidyarthi Awas Bhatta Sahayata Yojana in Madhya Pradesh
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme Program
- Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana