Teerth Darshan Yojana in Haryana

Teerth Darshan Yojana Introduced in Haryana for Senior Citizen pilgrims

For being a better government it should provide appropriate welfare schemes along by introducing implementing policies which will be benefits for the public. On considering that fact, the governments of India launching several welfare schemes which will bring benefits to the public, recently the Haryana state government had introduced the new scheme named Teerth Darshan Yojana.

 Teerth Darshan Yojana in Haryana State

S.No Facts Need to Know Detailed Information
1 Name Teerth Darshan Yojana
2 Launched By Haryana
3 Beneficiar Senior Citizen
4 Supervision State Tourism Department
5 Benefit Senior citizens can travel to holy places at discount cost

The scheme’s intention is to provide better benefits to the senior citizens of the Haryana state who are willing to visit the holy places but due to financial problem they struggle to carry on their travel. The state tourism minister Mr. Ram Bilas Sharma proposed this scheme and it will be implemented for the benefits of aged pilgrims who are unable to accommodate their travel due to lack in budgets.

Key points about the TDY (Teerth Darshan Yojana)

  • In order to avail the benefits of this newly implemented TDY scheme, the applicant must be aged over 60 years and should be from the weaker category like BPL or from Non – BPL families whom annual income is below the par level.
  • For applicants from the BPL category, the fare for the entire pilgrimage will be managed by the state government and for the applicants from the Non-BPL category, the state government will bear 70% of the fare and remaining 30% should be bear by the pilgrim.
  • Under this new scheme, around 250 eligible pilgrims will be able to travel at a time and they will be enjoying the trip of visiting holy places all around the nation.
  • In order to make this scheme as a successful one, the state government of Haryana allocated around 1 Lakh for the senior citizens of the Haryana state.

Places to be visited under this scheme

Irrespective to the religion sentiments, the scheme covers all the important holy places from all the religions of the nation. However, the pilgrims will be given the choice of picking the suitable places to visit by them. Below listed table illustrate the list of attractive places which are included in this TDY scheme.

S.No Attractive Holy Places Included in this scheme States in which those Holy Places Located
1 Shri Badrinath Uttarakhand
2 Kedarnath Uttarakhand
3 Shri Jagannath Puri Orissa
4 Dwarkadheesh Uttar Pradesh
5 Haridwar Uttarakhand
6 Amaranth Jammu and Kashmir
7 Vaishno Devi Jammu and Kashmir
8 Shirdi Mumbai
9 Tirupati Andhra Pradesh
10 Ajmer Sharif Rajasthan
11 Kaashi (Varanasi) Uttar Pradesh
12 Gaya Bihar
13 Swaran Mandir Amritsar Punjab
14 Rameshwaram Tamil Nadu
15 Sammed Shikhar Jharkhand
16 Sharvanbelgola Karnataka
17 Velankanni Church Tamil Nadu

The state tourism department will arrange all the necessary things for the senior citizen pilgrim’s to visit those holy places which includes all despite of religion. The special discounts offered to the certain senior citizens’ would be tackled by the state tourism department. The entire Teerth Darshan Yojana is about promoting the tourism among the senior citizens of the state and to make them feel happy without being worrie.

Other Articles

Leave a Reply