Vedvyas Awas Yojana in Jharkhand – Fishermen will get Pucca Ghar
The state government of Jharkhand has announced a new scheme under which the fishermen shall get a new house built. This scheme will provide homes to selected fishermen from every district in the state.
This scheme was launched last year in 2016 and since then it has been renewed to carry forward the process of providing houses to the underprivileged. Today this scheme has again sought applications from the fishermen to accomplish the task for current fiscal year.
Key features of the scheme
- This scheme has come into effect because of the housing for all schemes which is directed to achieve its goal by 2019. It is a central government scheme’s project which the state has undertaken.
- Hence all those who own Kutcha houses in the Jamtara district will get the benefit. Since most of the beneficiaries have an occupation of fisheries, they are the ones who are getting the direct benefits.
- The government has targeted to provide houses to several fishermen within the financial year 2017-18. Hence the scheme is expected to start its implementation soon.
- It must be noted that last year that is during 2016-17 term only 14 fishermen had got their houses under the Awas Yojana.
- This is the reason that this year things are picking up pace and are working at a much faster rate than before. Within the 2019 deadline the central government shall ensure that the scheme is widely implemented across the country.
- Under the Ved Vyas Yojana 45 fishermen had been benefitted for the fiscal year 2016-17. To do this, the government has estimated that a budget of Rs. 1, 20,000 will be needed to make each house.
- So far around 300 fishermen have already applied for this scheme. More number of applications are expected to arrive pretty soon.
- As of now, the government declarations indicate that the maximum number of houses shall be constructed in the Domajudi village of Baharagoda.
Beneficiary of the scheme
To become a beneficiary of this scheme you will have to fulfill certain criteria. Also there are some benefits if you qualify as one of the lucky fishermen from your district. These are –
- You have to be a resident of Jharkhand to qualify as a beneficiary under this scheme. The scheme shall select 105 fishermen from every district in the scheme as a beneficiary.
- Also, the government has taken up a rule that they will select 40 beneficiaries from scheduled caste category and 5 beneficiaries from scheduled tribe category and the rest from others.
- To qualify as one of the 105 beneficiaries from your state, you will have to apply for it. The applications are already being received.
- The four assembly constituencies of East Singhbhum will be considered under this scheme. Hence fishermen from Ghatsila, Jugsalai, Potka and Baharagora can also apply.
- The government will give special preference to those families that are living below poverty line while choosing the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- If you are a beneficiary of this scheme then the government shall provide you Rs. 1, 20,000 in your bank account directly through the DBT system.
- It is the responsibility of the block development officer in the state to ensure that the amount reaches the beneficiaries in proper time.
- Each and every application received will go through a verification procedure after which the state shall select the eligible ones as per the report of the block development officer.
Under this scheme a lot of fishermen will get pucca houses built at very cheap rates. The designs for the houses are also being decided by the states. It will ensure that the underprivileged fishermen in the scheme get roof over their heads.
Other Schemes –
- Housing scheme for homeless in Kerala
- Aahar Yojana in Odisha
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Jharkhand Johar Yojana