Vidhwa Punarvivah Yojana (Remarrige Scheme in Madhya Pradesh) Couples gets Rs 2Lakh
To encourage widow re-marriage the state government of Madhya Pradesh has initiated a new scheme namely Madhya Pradesh Punar vivah Yojana. Under this scheme, whoever will get married to a widow, will get financial assistance from the state government. There are some of the factors and terms that both bride and the groom have to follow to get the benefit of the scheme. This scheme is introduced to give importance to young widow remarriage in the state.
Madhya Pradesh Punarvivah Yojana has launched this year in the month of October. It was officially launched by the Madhya Pradesh Social Justice Department. Back in July Supreme Court ordered the central to take initiatives in support to the widow remarriage. There are societies where widow remarriage is still not accepted. MP government has started the scheme immediately after the verdict by the Supreme Court.
- Objective: The main objective of the scheme is to support widow remarriages. Every year many young women lose their husbands in accidents or due to illness. They have to survive alone as there is no such encouragement in the society to marry a widow. This scheme will help them to get new life and life partner.
- Financial assistance: The main feature of the scheme is the financial reward that is given to the couple after marriage. Each man who is going to marry the widow will receive Rs. 2Lac from the government under this scheme. Reward will be given after marriage.
- Registry Marriage: Under the scheme, the duo has to file the registration of their wedding with district collector. Marriage will not be valid if there is no proper registration is found.
- Widows must be aged between 18 years and 45 years. Widowers who are aged more than 45 years will not be eligible for the scheme. They can remarry but will not get any money from the government.
- Men should not be married before. Those who are getting married to widow woman under this scheme should not be married / divorcee / separated. It must be their first marriage.
- Both the bride and groom must belong to the state Madhya Pradesh. They must be the domicile of MP. No migrant / refugee or any domicile of other states will be eligible for the scheme.
- The marriage under the scheme must be registered. The mandatory documents must be provided. Without legal registration of the marriage it will not be considered as proper marriage.
- Widowers will have to submit the death certificate of her late husband at the time of registration. The death certificate must be issued by recognised organisation / doctor/ hospital / district magistrate office.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory to register for the scheme. On the other the bride and the groom both have to submit their identity proof such as PAN card, Voter ID or Driving Licence number.
- As mentioned marriage registry is mandatory, age proof, address/residential proof and photos are needed for the marriage registration process.
- Groom’s income details and salary related documents might be required in the scheme. It is mandatory to inform about the profession groom or bride is into at the time of marriage.
How to apply
As of now no certain way of application has been issued by the authority. It is expected that online application form will be available in their official website. Also the authority can start up new website for the scheme. No news about offline forms have come out yet.
The total budget for the scheme is set at Rs. 20 Cr for a year. The entire cost will be borne by the Social Justice Department of the state and the state government of MP.
The authority is expecting that this budget will be soon exhausted as more people will be interested in widow remarriage now because of the money attached with the scheme.
As per the reports, every year at least 1000 young girls lose their husbands. By implementing this progressive scheme the scenario can be changed. The authorities have promised that within 3 months of implementation of the scheme yearly 1000 widow remarriages will take place in MP. This scheme is not only much progressive but also in the humanity front it is a noble initiative taken by the MP government. From now widow women too will get happy married life under this scheme.
Other Schemes –
- Sauchalay Yojana Uttar Pradesh
- Ved Vyas Awas Yojana in Jharkhand
- Aahar Yojana in Odisha
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana