Aashirwad Scheme in Punjab – Financial Help for Girls Marrige – Application Process Online/Offline @punjab.gov.in/aashirwad-scheme
Punjab state government has renamed Shagun Scheme as Aashirwad Scheme recently. In this scheme the state government will offer monetary help to the girls from economically weaker class while getting married. Shagun Scheme was launched during the month of March this year. The official website of the scheme is http://punjab.gov.in/aashirwad-scheme. The scheme is launched by the chief minister of the state of Punjab. It will be implemented by the Department of Social Security and Development of Women and Children in Punjab.
Key Features of the scheme
- Objective: Many a people who belong to poor family can’t bear the cost of daughter’s marriage, hence they abandon girl child. This scheme will help them to manage the cost of wedding.
- Financial Help: Under this scheme each girl child will get Rs. 15, 000/- at the time of her marriage. This money will be given to her to compensate the cost of wedding.
- Benefits: Besides financial help, the scheme is beneficial in many terms. The scheme will help preventing child marriage. Also it will help balancing gender ratio.
- Especially for Poor Family: The scheme is aiming at the poor families that are unable to bear the cost of their daughters’ marriage. The money will be given by the state government of Punjab.
- Other Facility: In addition to this financial help on marriages, the state government will also provide Rs. 8000/- as financial assistance to the girls who are acid attack survivors.
Eligibility of the scheme
- BPL category – To avail the scheme all the applicants should belong to poor or economically weaker groups. They must belong to below the poverty line.
- ST/SC – Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes will also be considered under this scheme.
- Domicile of Punjab –The benefits of the scheme can be received only in Punjab. Hence the girls who are applying for the scheme must be the permanent citizen of the state of Punjab.
- Age – Girls who are getting married must be aged above 18 years. Benefits of this scheme can be received only if the girl is adult.
- Aadhaar Card: In this scheme Aadhaar is important. It is a mandatory identity proof to be submitted in the time of registration for this scheme.
- Age Proof: Along with aadhaar, the applicant has to submit any of the documents as age proof so that the authority can know that no minor is forced to get married.
- Residential Proof: Ration card or voter ID card of the family and the daughter must be submitted as the residential proof.
- BPL card: As the scheme is designed for the people belonging to below the poverty line, it is necessary for them to submit BPL card. That card must be verified from the sarpanch of the village or any Gazetted officer in the district.
- Bank Details: The money will be credited to the bank account of the applicant. So the applicant or her family must have a valid and active bank account.
How to get Application Form
Application form for this scheme is available online. Whether one wants to apply online or offline, the applicant has to take out the form from online portal. Form will be available in their official site http://punjab.gov.in/aashirwad-scheme.
How to Apply Online
- In case of online form filling up, the candidate has to click on the link http://punjab.gov.in/aashirwad-scheme. In this page there will be one button ‘Apply Online’. Click on that link.
- The applicant will be redirected to the login page for the website. If the applicant has already registered with the portal then he /she can enter the login ID and password for logging in to the website. Others can click on the ‘New User’ button for the registration.
- If you click on the ‘New user’ button you will be redirected to the registration form page. There is little mandatory information that one has to enter. Name, father’s name, login ID and password should be given to the form.
- After registering with the portal one needs to login to the site and click on the ‘Fresh Application’ to apply for the scheme. A list of services will be there among which the applicant has to select the one he is applying for.
- To get the online form applicants have to select Alternative 2 from the options 1 or 2. In the option ‘Alternative 2’ online form is available. Applicant has to fill the form and click on ‘Submit’ button to complete the process.
How to Apply Offline
- In offline application, the procedure is much similar. As mentioned the form is available only in their online portal, the applicant has to download the form from the website.
- To download the form the applicant has to choose ‘alternative 1’ in the options given. Under Alternative 1 the e-form will be available to download.
- After downloading the form the applicant can fill it without using internet that is offline. Once the form is filled up with correct information, the applicant has to upload it in the portal to finish the application process.
There is no doubt in the fact that the scheme will bring down many financial problems that a girl’s family face during their marriage. Punjab is no different from the rest of the nation. By introducing this scheme, the increasing rate of child marriage can be prevented in the state.
Other Schemes –
- Free Smartphone for Anganwadi in Rajasthan
- Nirbhaya Scheme Kerala – For Women’s Safety
- Digital Haryana Cell in Chief Ministers Office
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana