Implementation of Aasra Yojana in the state of Uttar Pradesh
In recent days, the people of India witnessing lots and lots of benefited schemes and policies announced by both the central government and also from the state governments for the poor and needed people. By overall the assessment taken by the both central and as well as the state governments, on selecting the respective people to avail benefits from such schemes seems to be good. The state of Uttar Pradesh too have introduced several beneficial schemes and plans for their state’s poor people, one among such scheme is Aasra Yojana. Aasra Yojana is purely launched on providing free housing to the poor people of Uttar Pradesh.
In recent times, the central government keen on providing proper housing facilities for the poor and homeless people across the nation through the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to provide quality and affordable houses for the poor people via assisting them by financially. However, the scheme Aasra Yojana launched by the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Mr. Akhilesh Yadav offers quality houses for its poor people at free of cost.
Scheme Offered by the State of Uttar Pradesh for Its Poor People
Uttar Pradesh one of the states of India ruling by the Samajwadi Party, in recent time, the SP government led by Mr. Akhilesh Yadav in Uttar Pradesh have been introducing several welfares schemes and denotative policies for their state’s poor people benefits. One of the prominent scheme launched by the current CM of UP Mr. Yadav, Aasra Yojana is gained so much popularity among the state people.
The scheme Aasra Yojana is for UP’s poor people, under this scheme free houses will be constructed and offered to the poor and homeless people of Uttar Pradesh. Apart from the providing proper shelter for the poor and needed peoples of UP, the scheme Aasra Yojana keen on proving all kind of initiatives to develop the living standards of the poor people.
Key Points of Aasra Yojana
- The scheme Aasra Yojana was stated by the Samajwadi Party leader and UP state’s Chief Minister, Mr. Akhilesh Yadav on 2012 – 2013. The scheme has been highly welcomed by the poor and homeless people across the UP state.
- The scheme launched Mr. Yadav, the Asra Yojana came to action after scrapping the old scheme “Manyavar Kanshiram Shahri Garib Awas Yojna” which was launched by the Mayawati the ex-chief Minister of UP.
- The Old housing scheme launched by Mayawati focus on providing free houses for majority of SC and ST peoples of the states. However, under the new scheme Aasra Scheme all caste poor people will able to get benefited.
- During the first phase of the scheme the chief minister of UP, Mr. Yadav has allotted Rs. 100 crore budget for constructing around 4000 houses.
- In order to avail free houses from the state government of Uttar Pradesh, the applicant must be a resident of UP and should not own a home/house under their name.
The Current Status of the scheme Aasra Yojana
So for, the free housing scheme for the poor people of the state Uttar Pradesh seems to be a successful one. And it has been calculated that more than 10 thousand poor people across the UP state receives the free houses under this scheme.
While addressing public in the recent event held as the auditorium of Indira Gandhi stadium, the state Chief Minister Mr. Akhilesh Yadav, stated that, the government under this governance has providing more efficient policies and schemes for the welfare of the state’s poor people and this can be clearly understandable by witness the results of Aasra Yojana.
Under this free housing scheme for poor people of Uttar Pradesh, Aasra Yojana more than 33 thousand houses has been constructed in the 31 cities so far and the completed houses had been provided to rightful poor people of the state. During the event, the chief Minister also distributed around 2000 free E-Rickshaws to the poor people.