Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana Maharashtra – Cashless Treatment Scheme for Poor
In the country like India, where the medical care offered at high rates, but in the nation more than 50% of citizens are living their life on below poverty line. Getting proper health care facilities would be nightmare for them since, it practically not possible for them to afford such high amount to avail such quality medications for the diseases.
On considering these facts, the both central and state governments of India, introduces many schemes and polices with the intentions of helping poor’s across the nation on getting quality health care treatment.
Among several plans, the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana is a scheme which offers poor people to avail free cashless treatments for their diseases, particularly for organ transplantation which is costlier in current.
Who is Mahatma Jyotiba Phule?
Jyotiba Phule was one of the famous social reformers of the 19th century in India. He was also well-known by the name of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule because of his services. Throughout his lifetime, Mr. Jyotiba Phule works for the poor people’s improvement in the state, with his various social reforming activities.
He has great respect in the middle of the Maharashtra people. That why government launch different scheme on his name for poor people. One of them is Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana which is implementing for the treatment of the poor people.
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana is the new name to the admired Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana. Some more benefits are added in the new Jeevandayeeni Yojana. This scheme is basically to provide cashless treatment to the poor families who did not afford the costly treatment.
|Things Need to Know about Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
|Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
|Also known familiar as
|Cashless Treatment Scheme for Poor
|Who is Mahatma Phule
|A social reformer and writer from Maharashtra
|State which Implemented this scheme
|Number of Districts would be benefited under this scheme
|All 36 Districts of Maharashtra
In the current Yojana some diseases treatment is added for the poor also the total amount for the treatment is also increased. Now it is more inclusive for the poor families. The administration has decided to apply this cashless treatment Yojana in the state with some unique features.
In the old Yojana there are only 971 diseases which were covered but now in current scheme there are 1,100 diseases will be covered. current scheme also take care about the old people treatment and cover the problem with which old people are usually are suffered like hip and knee replacement, sickle cell, anemia treatment etc.
The financial benefits under the plan have also been bigger from 1.5 Lakh to 2 Lakh and from 2.5 Lakh to 3 Lakh in case of Kidney Transplantation.
Also in this scheme option of houses for poor’s kids, ashramshala, and old age homes included, This scheme is implement in all the 36 district of the Maharashtra state.
The system is mainly aimed at improving condition of BPL families and APL families. The people who are eligible for this scheme can take benefit in any of the government hospital of the state and they had to pay nothing for their treatment. Under this scheme their treatment is totally free.
Who is eligible for taking benefit of this scheme?
The families will be recognized on the basis of Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayee Health Card given by the government of Maharashtra to the eligible families.
- The family should be the resident of Maharashtra state and can belong to any of district of the state. They just need their resident proof for this. And the applicant must be the owner of the yellow/ orange/Antyodaya Anna Yojana card and Annapurna card
Procedure for taking benefit of the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
There is particular procedure to get benefit of the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana.
- To take benefit of this scheme card holder first goes the government hospital. There doctor examine the patient and find out whether is need benefit of the scheme and then refer to the network hospital.
- The network hospital examines the patient which is referring by the government hospital. Their needed family have to show their card and other document and after that document make sure about their documents.
- After admitting the patients, the respective network hospital sends the necessary documents and a notification about the details of the patients along with the medication about to provide by the network hospital to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule society, in order to claim the expenses from the society.
- An action will be taken in the 24 hrs after the confirmation of the entire document and after confirmation of the disease by the doctor. After that patient will get the treatment by the doctor of the network hospital without any cost.
Its health camps are also conducted in the different rural areas of the state and in the network hospitals which are linked with Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana so that all the poor families can benefit of this scheme.
Aim of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Scheme –
The plan is mainly aimed at enhancing the access of Below Poverty Line and Above Poverty Line families to quality medical care. Government wants with the implementation of this scheme there will be not a single person who dies without treatment.
Exclusive Features of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Scheme –
- Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana scheme cover less number of diseases also there is no provision of the kidney problem and also no option for the old people disease but this new scheme covers all this.
- Recently, the financial aid provided by the society has been increased to Rs. 50,000 for all higher expensive treatments particularly for Organs like Kidney Transplantation. With this hike, patients would able to receive up to Rs. 3 Lakh for their Transplantation surgeries.
Providing free treatments for poor’s across the state would the best scheme to launch, however, proper routine check needs to carried by respective authorities in order to verify whether the scheme has been utilized by rightful citizen of the state.